Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Starting with C++? LOOK HERE IF WONDERING
(10-29-2009, 08:34 AM)MrD. Wrote: I don't really understand your question properly, but C++ isn't a Windows only programming language and even the .NET stuff can be run on platforms other than Windows thanks to Mono.

I'm just seeing that people say to use linux or another OS to program in C++. But wouldn't Windows work just fine?
(10-29-2009, 12:17 PM)Keyreaper Wrote: But wouldn't Windows work just fine?

Yes, I find most people actually program on Windows, even if they are developing for other platforms as well. I think this is probably because Windows has a lot of nice IDEs, for instance, I much prefer working in Visual Studio than say, CodeWarrior. In-fact whenever I had to use CodeWarrior to debug Wii/PS3 code, I really wanted to punch through the monitor, debugging PC/360 code through Visual Studio is much less detrimental to my health.
[Image: sig.php]
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
(10-29-2009, 12:39 PM)MrD. Wrote: Yes, I find most people actually program on Windows, even if they are developing for other platforms as well. I think this is probably because Windows has a lot of nice IDEs, for instance, I much prefer working in Visual Studio than say, CodeWarrior. In-fact whenever I had to use CodeWarrior to debug Wii/PS3 code, I really wanted to punch through the monitor, debugging PC/360 code through Visual Studio is much less detrimental to my health.

You're totally right, even if I don't use linux that much, I use devcpp or codeblocks in windows, and they are veery unhelpful when it comes to debugging. VS makes it a peace of cake!!