Poll: Did this work for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
50.00%
2 50.00%
No
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Boost Firefox (Tutorial)
Ok, other than utilites you can download ths may help. After a look around the internet i found a few different things to do to boost firefox, there was quite alot of different things i found. This short tutorial is by far the best, its quick easy and really does work!

Load up Mozilla Firefox. Now, in the address bar, type “about:config” (Without the ” ” of course).

Next, scroll down look for the line that says "network.http.pipelining" use the search of course to get to it quick, and double-click it. Set it to "True"

Now, scroll down and look for "network.http.pipelining.maxrequests" Once you have done this, double-click it, and a box will pop up. Change the number to 60.

Thats it restart Firefox and see if you notice a boost of around 10-40%
I've done this before.
It makes it a little faster.

But I'm using Chrome now. Big Grin
GamerCraft

Visit it, and tell me what you think. Tongue
If you download the addon "Fasterfox" it will do all this for you Tongue
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
(02-04-2010, 04:57 PM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: I've done this before.
It makes it a little faster.

But I'm using Chrome now. Big Grin

yea using chrome now, its decent for speed and makes pages look alot better with the huge space it gives, still im using chrome for a few days now to see if i can bond with it lol, if not back to firefox Roflmao
If not try Opera man. You like FF then Opera is closer to it than Chrome IMHO.
I am stoked i just changed to Opera. And it appears easily the fastest of the 4 so far. IE, FF, Chrome and Opera.
Have not tested any others as yet. Well not under 7 and current system conditions.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(02-07-2010, 04:55 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: If not try Opera man. You like FF then Opera is closer to it than Chrome IMHO.
I am stoked i just changed to Opera. And it appears easily the fastest of the 4 so far. IE, FF, Chrome and Opera.
Have not tested any others as yet. Well not under 7 and current system conditions.

yea will try opera m8, seen it about on the net never bothered but will give it a go now m8 ;)
(02-07-2010, 04:55 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I am stoked i just changed to Opera. And it appears easily the fastest of the 4 so far. IE, FF, Chrome and Opera.

Opera is not faster than chrome!
Just took the benchmark test, freshly installed opera and chrome on Ubuntu 9.10.

[Image: 34g2f4y.png]
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
yea its quite slow on my comp, still i prefer firefox, its fast, and i can add my dark themes lol, plus stylish is the best addon ever Smile
Tried it and it didn't really make a noticeable increase in speed. But I use firefox 3 now and its super fast compared to google chrome.
| Conor C - The SkySpace
| Managed and Unmanaged Dedicated Servers and VPS.
| 99.9% Uptime Guarantee • 7 Day Money Back Guarantee
(02-07-2010, 03:01 PM)Kharnage Wrote: Opera is not faster than chrome!
Just took the benchmark test, freshly installed opera and chrome on Ubuntu 9.10.

[Image: 34g2f4y.png]

See here is the thing. I dont rely on a site to tell me the browser is faster.
I rely rather on actually using it. And i can safely say its faster.
I can open my site or even SF in a blink of an eye with Opera and Chrome did have some lag. Could be many factors perhaps but it was a new install of Chrome as is Opera.
Each for there own though.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RS Double XP Live 2021: Enjoy XP Boost with Daily Rewards rs3gold5 0 747 02-26-2021, 01:05 AM
Last Post: rs3gold5
  Participate in RS3 Wintumber Warmer Event from Jan. 2nd to Enjoy XP Boost rs3gold5 0 420 12-26-2019, 02:44 AM
Last Post: rs3gold5
  [EaZy TuToRiAl] How to Block 99.9% of Ads on Google Chrome [EaZy TuToRiAl] Resistance 7 1,057 11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Microsoft