Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TUT] CSS guide [PART-2]
Let me show you the Powers of (x)HTML and CSS, to teach you how to use them...

If you're starting with CSS, please read my other tutorial, CSS Beginners Guide.
This tutorial would take me ages to explain you the things I already explained in the other tutorial.

When you start coding your own template or homepage, you will most probably want to make it
accessible to as many users, you can get!!!
In this case the first thing you should think of, is how to do it...
The answer is, writing your following the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).

The main Problem are, all those different Browsers... They all have their own way parsing the web structure, your HTML...
But still they are all following the W3C Rules...

That means, if you wouldn't write your HTML and CSS according to these HTML & CSS Rules, your Visitors would see the page based on their Browser...
A Visitor, who is using FireFox to view your Page, s/he would most probably view the page how it has to be...
While a Visitor, who's using Internet Explorer, would only see bunch of "broken pieces", your page will not make no sence to them and they'll leave.

One follower less, means if you code the page following the W3C Standards for Web Design and Applications.
You would have atleast a guest on your site, who will think about visiting your site again and often...

If you ask me, that's better than having Him/her look at the page for 3 sec.. and just leave, and doesn't come back....

All in all, having a valid code will keep the visitor longer on your site, s/he'll eventually think about of staying... That is based on how you manage to Persent yourself and your Homepage!!

I will use a Template already made, it's a free one from http://www.templateworld.com;
However, for this tutorial I must ask you to download this Template, here is a Direct link to the download...

I will walk you through the creation of the above Template, show you how (x)HTML and CSS are used to create beautiful sites... Available to every user, using every browser...
  • [color=#00BFFF (Click to View)

A good site to bookmark.
CSS Reference

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Worker HTML, CSS, Javascript ImFocuzz 2 1,073 04-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Last Post: VHPanda
  Forum CSS code problem. inferno.lion 0 648 06-10-2013, 02:48 AM
Last Post: inferno.lion