Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIM problem
I had it installed forever and yesterday I went to open it again, and it opened up in a small window for a second, then closed immediately. I tried reinstalling several times.

Any ideas?
[Image: zbacklash11.png]
I think there's a problem with some of your applications that are conflicting with your messenger.

Try this:

Press Alt+Ctrl+Del then end messenger.exe and then end explorer.exe, then go to file and start new task, then type explorer.exe. Now start your messenger again and what happens. (Also, make sure there's no else running application other than your messenger, and if you have an antivirus try to shut it down for test only)

Second suggestion: make sure you have the latest version and install it properly.

Third suggestion: Get a good uninstaller program that cleans every thing related to the messenger, so it cleans all registry and .dll files. Then try a new install.

If none of the above has worked, restart your system and go to safe mode and do a virus scan.

Good Luck
Use Pidgin. It gives you access to dozens of messenger clients, without the need to run half a dozen programs.
GamerCraft

Visit it, and tell me what you think. Tongue