Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Format to FAT32?
(01-29-2010, 02:50 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: The Drive is too big to Format to FAT32

I was expecting that.... There is a way around this....
Can you delete the Partition...?

If yes, you can delete it and create new partitions, each with the size of 30-32gb.. It can take some time to do this.... but it should work...
(01-29-2010, 03:44 AM)Master of The Universe Wrote: I was expecting that.... There is a way around this....
Can you delete the Partition...?

If yes, you can delete it and create new partitions, each with the size of 30-32gb.. It can take some time to do this.... but it should work...

I don't really want to go through all of that yet. I am trying another way at the moment, if this fails then I'll try your way.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Yeah, trilo I don't know what you'd want a fat32 partition for... and to be honest I really don't fully understand what you mean. If you have the windows boot disk, you can delete your partition and your mac partition (if it sees it) and then put your linux disk in and fdick.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Ok.
Wolskie and I have managed to fix the problem.

For those that do no understand what happened, I can finally explain because I know exactly what happened.
It all started like this:
  • I, wanting to be adventurous install Mac OS X onto my Intel PC. (Also known as a Hackintosh.)
  • After I decided to switch back, I tried taking off Mac by simple installing Windows and 'deleting the partition of Mac', or so I though.
  • It turns out that Mac keep the Harddrive on HFS (or whatever the Mac format is) and only Cross it with NTFS or EXT4 etc, which means that nothing will work because of the Mac format still being on there.
  • So pretty much, just install Windows 7 or something will not undo the Format from Mac, but just 'go over the top of it.'
  • We managed to fix it by Zero-ing out the Harddrive.

I hope that makes it easier to understand what my problem was?
(01-29-2010, 04:50 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: Ok.
Wolskie and I have managed to fix the problem.

For those that do no understand what happened, I can finally explain because I know exactly what happened.
It all started like this:
  • I, wanting to be adventurous install Mac OS X onto my Intel PC. (Also known as a Hackintosh.)
  • After I decided to switch back, I tried taking off Mac by simple installing Windows and 'deleting the partition of Mac', or so I though.
  • It turns out that Mac keep the Harddrive on HFS (or whatever the Mac format is) and only Cross it with NTFS or EXT4 etc, which means that nothing will work because of the Mac format still being on there.
  • So pretty much, just install Windows 7 or something will not undo the Format from Mac, but just 'go over the top of it.'
  • We managed to fix it by Zero-ing out the Harddrive.

I hope that makes it easier to understand what my problem was?
Makes sense.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
So by zeroing it then all was fixed. So going back to what i first said would have worked.
Delete all partitions and recreate them at a different size thus removing the zero point?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(01-29-2010, 02:21 PM)DAMINK™ Wrote: So by zeroing it then all was fixed. So going back to what i first said would have worked.
Delete all partitions and recreate them at a different size thus removing the zero point?

No, because just deleting the partitions and formatting it wouldn't have done anything. Like a said, Mac had inbedded itself in my drive. Anything that I wanted to format would simply just go over the Mac format.
yep ok. If ya say so. Smile
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

This is a 256mb LiveCD
http://www.sysresccd.org/Download

Run the GUI version and use GParted to do it.
Oops, how did you zero the drive? Fedora?
There are tons of tools to repartition through windows. But as said above Gparted would work the best http://gparted.sourceforge.net/download.php