Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poor Connection Problems
My desktop is connected to my modem/router wirelessly, and for some reason my spped is crap. I time out while playing games, and web pages are loading slowly. I dont have this problem with any of the other 4 computers that use this connection (and yes, i still time out when theyre not connected.) When I view lan devices on the modem, my desktop is showing as "inactive" so I would say it had something to do with my connection to the router. I have a Westell 327w (Model: D90-327W14-06) Any ideas?
This is what happens when i ping my router

[Image: ping.png]

I get random dropped packets, and some would ping at over 1000. And the router still shows my computer as "inactive"
Are the other computers that use the connection wirless aswell? Might be a signal problem.
Are you using a wireless dongle?
Is there anything that could cause interference near by. Like an electrical appliance or similar?
How far away from your router are you?
Are you in direct line of sight?
Whats your signal strength?
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

There are other computers using the wireless, and they have no problems. (i tested this with and without the others connected and it still showed the same) I have a PCI wireless adapter, Im directly above the router (my laptop sitting right next to this computer works just fine) and my signal strength is around 80%
(01-20-2010, 06:14 PM)Austneal Wrote: This is what happens when i ping my router

I get random dropped packets, and some would ping at over 1000. And the router still shows my computer as "inactive"

If your internet company is usually really good. It could be that someone is trying to dos you. That happened to me before. If that happens everytime you ping your router, then I would suggest calling your company, because something outside or inside your house may be causing that to happen. I have had that problem before and my internet company fixed it. I use to lose a lot of packets and now I use none. It can also happen if you are getting dosed too.
(01-20-2010, 05:11 PM)Austneal Wrote: My desktop is connected to my modem/router wirelessly, and for some reason my spped is crap. I time out while playing games, and web pages are loading slowly. I dont have this problem with any of the other 4 computers that use this connection (and yes, i still time out when theyre not connected.) When I view lan devices on the modem, my desktop is showing as "inactive" so I would say it had something to do with my connection to the router. I have a Westell 327w (Model: D90-327W14-06) Any ideas?
Sorry to hear about this.
Who's your ISP?
What Type of computer are you using?
Are you connected to any other networks or VPN's?
(01-20-2010, 06:14 PM)Austneal Wrote: This is what happens when i ping my router

Here are some pics of my ping. I have had no problems in a while. You could be having some problems since you are connected wireless. What internet service provider do you have?

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Tell me how you think about my internet. Thank you.
You can also setup static ip for every single users this may help ;)
Check if you don't have spyware or any kind of virus on your computer. They may also slow it down by using high percent of the network resources.
PS: I recommend "malwarebytes"
If this dosn't help try setting up different IP address for each user of the network. This may also increase your speed. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Individual connection speed limited danneracci 2 1,009 12-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet Connection Issues Jangus 2 1,211 12-25-2019, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet connection issue mack1 1 769 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Miltan
  Internet loses connection when some uses the phone Phisher 1 767 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: diana33
  wifi connection problem magnus1 4 1,128 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Sam