Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need advice
Recently I upgraded from Windows Vista Basic to Windows 7 Ultimate. I've had it for about a month now and am thinking about downgrading to XP. Reason is, I only have 1gb of RAM and 103 gbs of disk space (Saving up for a new computer ATM). So my question to you people is;

Should I downgrade to XP, or should I change over to Linux? If I change over to linux, should I get Linux Mint or Ubuntu?
Have you had experience with Linux at all before?

Linux will run better, considering that you only have 1gig of RAM. But then again, if you;ve never used it before, it's quite easy to get frustrated and want to change back to XP. But for some, they love it striaght away. If you are goign with Linux, I reccomend Mint or Fedora, they're both great.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Whats your financial situation? Do you have enough dough lying around to purchase a copy of XP or would you rather just use a free distro?
I would go XP, but only because I have a few copies lying around Tongue
I have XP keys, but I'm currently burning a copy if linuxmint-8. I was testing it in virtualbox and it had Wifi issues. Hardware driver was not picking up my wifi drivers. Halp?
Err... You do know that VirtualBox doesn't use Wifi drivers ^__^
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Showed the same problem while I was in test mode on my laptop. I'm going to go install it and report back.
Do you plan on playing games? If so I suggest you use XP, it's complicated to play games smoothly on linux.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Well I finished installing LinuxMint, but my Wireless is being a dick. I've installed my wireless driver, but there's no connections under "Wireless".
So you have Linux as your OS now?
That depends. Look for what you use the most. If most of the programs you use are only for windows. Then there is no reason at all why you should switch to linux. Even though there is WINE. there are some programs that require a .NET framework that will not work on Linux. If you do have some programs but they are not essential then you can switch without a problem.

Hope I helped.