Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help on Vbulletin..
Can anybody help me in getting a wonderful skin for my Vbulletin forum!!.....i will give you password and admin details to install the skin for me and also you get to be a admin on my site!! Just pm me for more details...Thank you
It's not hard, most skins come with install instruction, or if they don't, I'm sure somewhere on vB's community forums there's something about it. You people give admin accounts out way too easy.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Could not agree more Grizzly.

Here take a read of this if you want to install it. Took me 30 seconds on google Sad

http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/showt...hp?t=56828
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

I wouldn't go trusting some random person that you find on a site to be admin for your site. If you're serious about your site and want to see it go somewhere; make sure you know who your staff are. That's like a Business man walking down the street, seeing a bum on the side of the road and saying "Hey, wanna be CEO of my new Company! Big Grin"
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
trilobyte- people don't understand that. They trust people they don't know with admin and moderator powers way to easy. They use them as a reason to get people to join, which doesn't work out very well because they end up with a total of 5 registered members (including themselves) and 5 admins/mods.

What people don't understand is they all have the ability to screw up a forum quite easily if you don't take regular backups. Which, most of these kids don't. And then they will come here asking for support to get their posts back. I take backups of my sites every 6 hours. The way I view backups is to take them as often as you are willing to loose content.
Spot on again Grizzly.
Not to mention you dont want to give admin as you could end up getting rooted by them.
What i mean is they could dump a shell on your server and have access to / now that would be nasty.
Dont give anyone admin ever. Only a variant of it. A special usergroup if you must that gives them theme powers but no more.
Its worth protecting your ass here. I know far too many people that take advantage of such people.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

Protip by the way: Swagg = Chinaman7x7. The one who's rips people off.

Yes, you do. You asked me to set up a site; in return for that other site as payment. So I did; you broke it. I fixed it.. it was all good. I was supposed to get paid, but oh, no, you broke it again. So instead of getting paid I get told I need to fix it. Well, sorry. But that wasn't in the agreement. Either you pay me now; or I take it down. Simple.

/rant
(01-10-2010, 02:20 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: Spot on again Grizzly.
Not to mention you dont want to give admin as you could end up getting rooted by them.
What i mean is they could dump a shell on your server and have access to / now that would be nasty.
Dont give anyone admin ever. Only a variant of it. A special usergroup if you must that gives them theme powers but no more.
Its worth protecting your ass here. I know far too many people that take advantage of such people.

Which is why I require a signed contract and a person that lives in teh US and is a natrual born US Citizen. I can then take them to court ;) I've only ever had 2 people as admins on my site. One was an Australian I trust, and the other was a dude that lived down the street from me that I started the site with. And he signed a contract.

I also require a copy of a utility bill and copy of a driver's license. Sorry, CYA.
(01-10-2010, 02:36 AM)Grizzly Wrote: One was an Australian I trust, .

But, I'm not a Admin?
Haha, kidding. Smile
(01-10-2010, 02:36 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Which is why I require a signed contract and a person that lives in teh US and is a natrual born US Citizen. I can then take them to court ;) I've only ever had 2 people as admins on my site. One was an Australian I trust, and the other was a dude that lived down the street from me that I started the site with. And he signed a contract.

I also require a copy of a utility bill and copy of a driver's license. Sorry, CYA.

I'm sorry to step in here off topic, but you guys already said what has to be said!
Now to Grizzlys staement, when you have a signed contract, isn't there a way to do it international?
I mean you guys have a contract and breaking that is almost everywhere a easy case on court...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  vBulletin Template Errors. Sam 6 1,659 01-01-2012, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Can vBulletin recover from it's negative reputation? Terrorz 12 1,902 07-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Kyle FYI™
  [ImpEx] MyBB -> vBulletin Maestro 2 1,668 02-25-2011, 05:54 AM
Last Post: Maestro
  vBulletin, Invision, phpBB or MyBB? KissXsis 58 16,298 01-22-2011, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Tyler8746
  vbulletin / php question? DAMINK™ 2 944 10-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Last Post: DAMINK™