Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Anonymous Reps
I think you just said what i did but in a geeky way yes Grizzly?
The thankyou mod is the same as your IPB rep by post mod you referred.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(01-09-2010, 01:30 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: I think you just said what i did but in a geeky way yes Grizzly?
The thankyou mod is the same as your IPB rep by post mod you referred.
Naw, Grizzlys' more business savy; although he has helped me out on a few computer-technical issues... IDK. Roflmao
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
I'm at work and procrastonating inputting 12 cases into the system. So long drawn out posts that basically say the same thing over and over again will be the norm for me over the next 30 minutes or so lol.

Yes, it's pretty much the same thing. You can go to the site in my sig or muil.net and view how it works. Although, I think you may have to be registered to view that feature, I'm not sure as IPB isn't IE friendly and my work computers only have IE on them, and USB's are disabled.

Pretty much with IPB it's a rep by post. You can + or - the post and provide a little comment if you'd like. I really like it and prefer it over the MyBB system where you do it from their profile. At least with IPB theres a post attached which allows for better moderation of the reps. And with IPB it'll total up your + and - reps. It allows for people to thank users, but also....smite them for lack of a better word.

And yes, I'm kind of business savvy ;) At 23 I run 3 profiting LLC's that are in Texas....while I'm living in Germany lol. But, all that money is really being turned around and pumped back into the businesses lol.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Smile Ok then.

Read it a few times man. Go to VB and see the thankyou mod in action. Its the same thing.
Whatever. I tried to suggest this before and got shot down im flames and will again but just thought perhaps......
Like i said though. All "Serious" Forums i attend do such things. Most if not all know the rep system is outdated and useless for anything apart from currying favor from other members.
But whatever. I know f u c k all. I am a noob amongst the skilled here.
The Rules!

Yeah, the only thing is, with a thank you system it's only there for + things, how do you get the word out someone has scammed you? Without iTrader like vB it's a little hard to do that. I think rep is mainly for people to stroke their e pens...
Omni will work that out should he see fit to implement it which i really feel he should.
I dont think it would be hard to adapt quickly. I already run a vomit on post thing on my forum.
Sure its essentially a thankyou type thing but backwards. You vomit on posts. And it doesnt save entries like rep but it could with someone like Omni coding it.
The Rules!

To add my 2c to the rep discussion, I think all reps should be anonymous and they should expire after say 6 months, people should be able to give a rep value from -5 to 5 and the rep thats displayed is an average of that.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
Rep shouldn't expire. Unless there is a trader method introduced. You're forgetting about scammers. And I'm sorry, but, in my view, once a scammer always a scammer. I don't want to do business with out. I don't have time to broker a deal and then waste money.

And why should you be able to give more rep than you are as a person? You're not 5 people. Although, I think after say, 1 week you should be able to give additional reps.
They don't give 5 reps, they give a rep rating from -5 to 5, so if someone is rep'd by 4 people and they are given a 4, 3, -2 and 3 then their reputation will be an average of those, ie. their rep will be 2 out of 5. Each of these ratings will only be valid for say 6 months but users can rate people again, this gives scope for change and also solves the problem if someone is unfairly rep'das it will eventually expire.
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
Ahh so your reputation is only going to be 5 or -5 or somewhere in between. That sure beats the rep whores out of their fix lol. That would be interesting but it's probably hard to code.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Negative Reputations and Anonymous Reps Omniscient 38 8,615 11-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Last Post: itmoney22
  How do we use Anonymous posting in the Emo forum? Camgaertner 2 613 07-21-2010, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Eve
  Anonymous posting for Emotional Support? daneasaur 36 5,061 06-01-2010, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk
  Anonymous Reps Omniscient 19 2,643 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM
  Anonymous rep? alfonzo1955 6 976 05-27-2010, 07:02 PM