Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Icon Buffet
Alright so I joined the Icon Buffet website, http://www.iconbuffet.com/ , but it's really confusing. What exactly is the point of the website? If you trade icon packs do you lose them and can't keep the images? Any other information I should know?
I couldn't even get the site to load. Is it having problems ATM? Just from speculation I am assuming you are sharing icons but not GIVING them away. Is this right?
(10-06-2009, 10:38 PM)OG iFuck Wrote: I couldn't even get the site to load. Is it having problems ATM? Just from speculation I am assuming you are sharing icons but not GIVING them away. Is this right?

Ya, seems they have dns issues.

iconbuffet it weird in how it works. They're free icons but you have to trade with people and what not.
Odd it just went down, it was up like 15 minutes ago.

Anyway what you do is you get free monthly credits to buy icons and you can trade them to other people to collect all the sets. Idk I get confused sometimes lmao.
I think that's an alright idea but it seems like something where people would decide to put much work into their icons.

I'm probably far off but when the site's back up I'd love to have a look at it.
IconBuffet grants you license when have recieved a free icon pack.

It's a pretty cool system and I use their graphics all the time for my projects. I have about 111 free deliveries plus I bought some of their commercial icon sets.

I find the system to be very innovative.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-07-2009, 12:53 AM)Omniscient Wrote: IconBuffet grants you license when have recieved a free icon pack.

It's a pretty cool system and I use their graphics all the time for my projects. I have about 111 free deliveries plus I bought some of their commercial icon sets.

I find the system to be very innovative.

Would you recommend it to beginner icon users? I'm not big on making or judging icons. Is it n00b friendly? lol
(10-07-2009, 12:55 AM)S1cKL3R Wrote: Would you recommend it to beginner icon users? I'm not big on making or judging icons. Is it n00b friendly? lol

I use http://iconspedia.com for my icons. All free and it's very beginner friendly.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
(10-07-2009, 12:53 AM)Omniscient Wrote: IconBuffet grants you license when have recieved a free icon pack.

Oh. So when someone gives you a pack for credits, you receive a license to use them?

Also I don't understand their awards system, and the method of transferring. Do you simply post on their wall that you want something and they send it to you?
wow they have the best as far as i seen.
free = gooood!
pay = baaaad!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fragma's Massive Icon Resource Fragma 17 1,458 09-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  User Icon Tut Джеймс Krew 26 2,350 08-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Last Post: ScripT
  My Icon Pack Fragma 42 9,209 07-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Last Post: iPlay
  [***]Please Rate MY WOOD BOX ICON[***] courage 8 2,800 07-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Cyber-Security