Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are Macs so expensive (Not trying to start a PC vs Mac)
For marketing purposes.
I bought a Macbook pro and IMHO I think it's great. Worth they 1000s.
(10-06-2009, 08:48 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Seriously.

I guess I'm a hypocrite, 'cause when I realised I wanted a music device, I got an iPod nano, but I really wish I would've gotten a Zune instead.

I'm not a MAC or Windows lover because my computer runs windows but my music player is an iPod. Zune is alright but it's HUGE. Even the small ones are too big. Also, I think they are too square. It almost hurts to hold it lol
I use a MacBook laptop, PC desktop.
To compare the two, the mac is sleek, fast, and has a nice style. The thing about the Mac is that it just makes everything easy, which is what I like surfing the web from my bed. They also have some very exclusive high-end programs to offer, such as Final Cut Pro or Garage Band (for recording)
I really like my macbook, but it will have it's occasional problems. There are also a lot of things I can't use on it, like Steam, but I have my desktop for that.
I'd reccomend a MacBook for laptop junkies. But Apple products are not a very good desktop choice. Maybe to serve as a family desktop, but not personal for things like gaming and such.
I think PC's are cheaper because they come standard on so many computers. The Mac OSX obviously only comes on Apple computers.
I think it might just be how unique it is. The sleek mac design is kind of hard to copy.
Confused
IMO the Mac is a fashion statement, not a serious bit of computer equipment. They look cool and "sharp" but that's about it.

As Omni once said, Macs are for soccer moms.
[Image: Lj]
Mac's are expensive beause they are for professionals, like web designers and musicians. If you want to get crap done (well most of the time without it crashing), then use a PC, but Mac's are definelty for pros.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
(10-07-2009, 08:14 AM)Code King Wrote: Mac's are expensive beause they are for professionals, like web designers and musicians. If you want to get crap done (well most of the time without it crashing), then use a PC, but Mac's are definelty for pros.

Haha. Don't tell me you bought into it.
(10-07-2009, 08:14 AM)Code King Wrote: Mac's are expensive beause they are for professionals, like web designers and musicians. If you want to get crap done (well most of the time without it crashing), then use a PC, but Mac's are definelty for pros.

Yes, because Adobe doesn't make their products for PC Rolleyes. Also I think the one thing I hated about my graphics class in high school was not being able to right click.
(10-07-2009, 09:58 AM)Alex Wrote: Yes, because Adobe doesn't make their products for PC Rolleyes. Also I think the one thing I hated about my graphics class in high school was not being able to right click.

My high-school last year used Macs and I could not stand not being able to right click. I also didn't understand the idea of the "File Edit View" bar not being in the window itself. I never really learned how to use those right...
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
(10-07-2009, 02:09 PM)PaNiK Wrote: That's why I'm using Adobe Photoshop on my XP PC, Right?
But anyway, Macs are just more expensive because they sell less of them, so they need to make more off each sale... Smile

He was being sarcastic. Smile

But yeah, OSX is pretty fun to use, a lot of cool apps, I can see why some people might prefer it.

I'm sticking with Windows 7, though.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Transfer Pictures from your iPhone to a Mac rf-harris 0 525 06-28-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: rf-harris
  Mac iPad Transter | iPad to Mac/iTunes Backup, Mac to iPad Transfer carl83 7 2,360 10-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Last Post: xadamxk
  Printing on Mac DarkZero 3 1,564 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: illest
  how to recover image on mac zsx8989 4 1,767 02-24-2013, 07:01 AM
Last Post: illest
  Help Installing Cain and Abel using Wine on Mac V1RU5 8 12,307 10-23-2012, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Moon70