Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What forum software do you hate?
I really hate IPB software because they were freeware and open source before they went to paid. The author and owner made me very angry and i hated him for what he have done. I have made many mods for IPB.
I'm glad that I found MyBB after I quit using IPB.
phpBB, the interface is crap and it is hard to manage.
MyBB.

I wouldn't say I hate any of the most well known softwares. I may not be a big fan of vB because it's bloated for a forum system, but I don't hate it. I like the way IPB looks and I thought it was quite nice to use when I used the 24 hour trial, but, along with vB, I don't have any need to use paid software. SMF 1.1 has quite a bad default theme, and although you can change it, almost all the SMF forums I see use that theme, or one with some minor changes. The SMF theme looks better though. I found phpBB rather confusing to use, but it's by far the most use free forum software. I am quite fond of the really lightweight softwares like PunBB and bbPress. Not for running a large forum but if you want a relatively small one that's easy to use, they're very good. I think MyBB is a good balance though, doesn't look bad to begin with, easy to use, lots of features but not bloated, and it will always be free, even 2.0. Of course competition is always good but I think MyBB will become much more popular in time; lots of people have been converting from vB, even after just buying a 4.0 licence, so we must be doing something right.
MyBB Support Team Lead
I agree that vbulletin is really bloated system.
I dislike the version 4 of vB so much.
I think SMF looks pretty ugly Confused
MyBB Support team member.
[Image: smallsig.png]
SMF and phpBB are the ones I hate.
phpBB and SMF.
I really don't like Vbulletin forums...

They annoy me for some reason

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  myBB Forum Permission Cache Error - Crippling My Forum CruciasNZ 1 939 04-24-2013, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Kevin Cheri
  best free forum software Miku 21 4,668 09-28-2012, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Dolan.
  Best Forum Software? Tubby 13 2,369 06-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Retribute
  Vote Your Favourite Forum Software of 2012! BreShiE 24 3,768 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Last Post: webdev77
  Favourite Forum Software? Mark Webber 89 13,524 01-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Dube