Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PayPal Frustration
Hey Guys,

I've just "received" a payment for goods through PayPal, but for some unknown reason, it's gone under review. I can't be bothered to phone them up, as their call wait times are incredibly long for UK customers, and their online help facility lacks a degree of information.

I'm a verified member, and they say it'll take 24 hours for it to clear. Has anyone else here experienced this issue, why did it happen for you, and how long did it take before they actually cleared/reversed the transaction?

Thanks guys! Smile
Well, still better than getting limited.
It is a pretty well known fact, that paypal is shitty to deal with.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
Incidentally, it was my payment that got put under review. I also am a verified business member. I may give them a ring real quick actually.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I think we've all experienced this sort of frustration with Paypal from time to time. The unfortunate truth is that if you are going to be moving money online you have to use them.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
(12-30-2009, 11:36 AM)Notorious Mental Wrote: Well, still better than getting limited.

I've experienced the old "limited funds available" syndrome in the past on a PP account with $600 USD in it. I called them up and had them slaughtered upon hearing that news...

I really do pity the customer service staff at that company - they must have to deal with so many problems from frustrated members who have encountered difficulties.
Well, I did ring them. And apparently my payment tripped one of their random "security" algorithms. Makes me feel great, the random non American dude (not 100% sure which country, sounds either Indian or Phillipino) said it's been charged but PayPal is holding the funds. I love how PayPal does that. Just randomly holds funds. I think it's more of a....PayPal is running low on their own funds when a bill comes due and the next x amount of people get their transactions held for a random time.

They told me to think of it as them counting the money. Apparently it's hard to count $110.....

They also said it's between me being charged and him being credited. Morons.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I personally cannot stand Paypal. I believe the way the choose to present themselves is very vague and completely shady. I've received better customer service from gas stations.
[Image: tje1.png]
I have had no troubles with PayPal so far but I don't handle with large amounts of money maybe $40-$120 per month on hosting, domains, and other goodies.
(12-30-2009, 12:37 PM)3trn1ty Wrote: I've received better customer service from gas stations.

Roflmao
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net