Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regedit
WOW! Tell me somthing I don't know --please!
Thanks for the tips Smile
[Image: blackghost1.png]
I think everyone knows what regedit is, if you have a PC, but really if you didn't.... Then you shouldn't have a computer in the first place.
I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this post?
I would suggest some research to explian what Regedit is and what it can do. For example:

- Registry Editor. Allows you to change settings in the database that stores all the Operating System options and settings e.g. all settings you can change in the Control Panel

- Run through the Menu Options, e.g. You can Search for registry keys with a specific name - particuarly useful when removing all elements of a program you are having trouble uninstalling, or: If you are in a network you can remotely connect to the registry of another computer

- Describe what Regedit is showing us, e.g. 5 registry hives, each doing a certain role - HKEY_Local_Machine holds settings for the local computer, and is stored in memory rather than on the hard disk so it is immediately available for all other subkeys

The Internet has loads of sites that will tell you everything yu need to know about regedit and the registry.

Good luck,

Steve