Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[HowTo] Windowed Applications [GTK+]
Quote:I have one question to ask you, Can i use this and mix it with gdk(makes games) to make a start window for my game and then play my game all in one project?
You can ! I often use GDK with GTK, everything in the Framework GTK+ (Cairo, Pango, GLib, etc), are made to work together, so there isn't problem Smile
Wow thanks dude that really helped!
Is it possible to use GTK with VC++ ?!
VC++ ? Do you mean C++ ? You can with C++, but i never heard about VC++ ! Tongue
Visual C++.
GamerCraft

Visit it, and tell me what you think. Tongue
Oh, thanks Smile I didn't understand that Tongue
Well, i think you can't. I'm not sure about this, but i've never heard about GTK with VC++.
Quote:It is possible to use these packages also with Microsoft's compiler. However, the DLLs use the msvcrt.dll runtime library. This means that also applications that use the DLLs should preferrably use the msvcrt.dll runtime. Specifically, this means that you should not use newer versions of the Microsoft compiler than Visual C++ 6 without knowing exactly what you are doing.
Not sure if that just applies to their binary packages, or also their source packages (I would say if you're building from source you should be able to tweak the compiler settings to do what you want; although I guess that falls under their "knowing exactly what you are doing" clause).
[Image: sig.php]
The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn't.
This Tutorial is Really Nice..But can you use this For other Coding Languages as Well or is there anything similar to this so i can use in Vb.net ?
[Image: OGForumsbanner.png]
VERY good tutorial! I'm definately going to use this. Nice job covering everything!
Quote: This Tutorial is Really Nice..But can you use this For other Coding Languages as Well or is there anything similar to this so i can use in Vb.net ?
You can't use it with VB.net Sad
But, it's really similar in the others langages :

for creating a window :

PHP : $window = &new GtkWindow(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
Python : window = gtk.Window(gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL)
C : window = gtk_window_new(GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
Ruby : window = Gtk::Window.new

.... etc Smile

Quote: VERY good tutorial! I'm definately going to use this. Nice job covering everything!
Ask me for help if you need Smile