Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Designer Forums

Check it out, It is my new site. Please register and post too Tongue
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
1. Get a paid domain.

2. You didn't change anything in that template.

3. Too many sections that are completely empty. When starting out you should start smaller and make new sections as you grow.

4. Why should someone upgrade to a subscriber account for $10 when you don't offer anything special? At least that we can see.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
1. Get a paid domain. - Domain was $1.5

2. You didn't change anything in that template. I did. the background stripes. And templates don't HAVE to be changed.

3. Too many sections that are completely empty. When starting out you should start smaller and make new sections as you grow. But then I'll have to move a lot of threads as I make new forums, thats hard

4. Why should someone upgrade to a subscriber account for $10 when you don't offer anything special? At least that we can see. - There is a mega thread in the subscriber section with lots of resources.
Sorry, a TLD ;)

If you're going to ask for a review at least change the template some. Just adding the background isn't really changing it ;) Not trying to knock you or anything, just saying.

Have you ever started a forum up? Too many categories (like I'm telling you you have) makes it appear empty. If it is empty, no one will join. No one joins, you become just like 97% of all forum starters.

I can't see the mega thread in the subscriber section, as it's only for subscribers. You have to entice them before they pay, otherwise they never will pay.

I can tell you've put a lot of work into it at least. If you keep it up you should be able to get some members. Just remember, webmaster forums are a dime a dozen. There are probably 10k of them at least. You're going to have to come up with something to offer that no other one does. You're competing with the likes of Digital Point (Threads: 1,533,405, Posts: 12,431,380, Members: 335,519, Active Members: 59,591) and more. I'm not trying to kill your confidence or anything, just trying to make sure you know what you're getting into.

You're going to have to spend money to make money man.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Yea, I know, Ill change the template some more.
And I've started quite a few forums before, mostly for others, and I do know that lots of sections make it look empty, but check it from my point of view. For example if I had one forum for coding now, and after the forum has say 500 threads, and I decide to expand and have different forums for HTML CSS and PHP then I'll have to manually sort the threads, which is hard.

And yea, I agree with the rest of the post.
almost joined until i saw it.

1- i rarely join sites of non paid domains, even though all sites ive ever made are co.cc

2- the site is of website design while the design of your website is boring and dull and on top of that, just a template.

3- nothing good there yet, if there was something to offer i would take a look in, register, and then post stuff as well.

4- also the name is not creative at all...

fix it up and i'll join ;)
Meh. You all wait. I'll come up with something special... >Sad
Hi skulltraill.

I agree with the people above that you'll need a domain. If you're tight on budget , I have a suggestion.
Go to namepros.com , register an account and try to earn about 1000np$. NP$ is namepro's very own virtual cash where you can trade for real US$. You can trade 1000NP$ at a rate of 0.010 and you'll earn 10USD. Check out their marketplace where NP$ jobs are offered at NP$ incentives. Most jobs are fairly simple , some example would be re-tweeting and bookmarking.

And regarding your site looks and style ,

1. I can't read the logo clearly. The words in that black circle.
2. There are too many empty forums. It is important for the admin to set activities going on a new forum to attract guests sign up.
3. Remember to advertise as much as you can. ( but remember to get activity going on first )

Some suggestions on advertising :

You can advertise by ,
  • Word of mouth. Tell your friends , family and maybe your neighbours
  • Promotion forums such as the forum on grizzly sig. There are plenty of such forums.
  • Tweet about your site
  • Create a facebook group and ask your friends to join.
  • Be active on forum where they allow advertisements on signatures.
  • Lastly , you can advertise your site on my site under the hot links section Tongue

I hope i've helped you in one way or another.
Best of luck to you !
Well, I don't have much of an issue with the domain itself - my main concern, shared by many other people here, is the lack of originality with your template. You're a new site, and as previously stated by other members, you're competing with some big names - therefore, your site has to "wow" people as soon as they see it. I'm also concerned with the price of VIP membership - $10, and we don't know what we're getting from an inactive forum. Even if there was a benefit in paying such a fee, we don't know how long that forum will last, how much content will become available, if it will expand, or if it will fold. You have to somehow justify the $10 expense to people if you want them to buy it.

Maybe you can try offering a "VIP forum" to everyone for your first few months, and then gradually phase in a "pay to access" system, so at least content will build up and you'll have an income? That way, people will know what to expect - $10 isn't much, but you're asking a lot from people as a newly established forum with very little (or no) reputation.

Best of luck! Smile
(12-28-2009, 01:44 PM)vividWire Wrote: Well, I don't have much of an issue with the domain itself - my main concern, shared by many other people here, is the lack of originality with your template. You're a new site, and as previously stated by other members, you're competing with some big names - therefore, your site has to "wow" people as soon as they see it. I'm also concerned with the price of VIP membership - $10, and we don't know what we're getting from an inactive forum. Even if there was a benefit in paying such a fee, we don't know how long that forum will last, how much content will become available, if it will expand, or if it will fold. You have to somehow justify the $10 expense to people if you want them to buy it.

Maybe you can try offering a "VIP forum" to everyone for your first few months, and then gradually phase in a "pay to access" system, so at least content will build up and you'll have an income? That way, people will know what to expect - $10 isn't much, but you're asking a lot from people as a newly established forum with very little (or no) reputation.

Best of luck! Smile

Wow! Thanks for this clear explanation, I will certainly try to implement these things, thanks! Smile
(12-28-2009, 10:21 AM)HappyFox Wrote: Hi skulltraill.

I agree with the people above that you'll need a domain. If you're tight on budget , I have a suggestion.
Go to namepros.com , register an account and try to earn about 1000np$. NP$ is namepro's very own virtual cash where you can trade for real US$. You can trade 1000NP$ at a rate of 0.010 and you'll earn 10USD. Check out their marketplace where NP$ jobs are offered at NP$ incentives. Most jobs are fairly simple , some example would be re-tweeting and bookmarking.

And regarding your site looks and style ,

1. I can't read the logo clearly. The words in that black circle.
2. There are too many empty forums. It is important for the admin to set activities going on a new forum to attract guests sign up.
3. Remember to advertise as much as you can. ( but remember to get activity going on first )

Some suggestions on advertising :

You can advertise by ,
  • Word of mouth. Tell your friends , family and maybe your neighbours
  • Promotion forums such as the forum on grizzly sig. There are plenty of such forums.
  • Tweet about your site
  • Create a facebook group and ask your friends to join.
  • Be active on forum where they allow advertisements on signatures.
  • Lastly , you can advertise your site on my site under the hot links section Tongue

I hope i've helped you in one way or another.
Best of luck to you !

HOLY crap THE BEST ADVICE YET! I LOVE YOU!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Web Tech Forums Report 2 618 07-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Last Post: Wonders
  Web Server Forums Matt G 6 941 12-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Last Post: MarkW7