Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone else excel in foreign languages?
I haven't even take a foreign language class yet. Wish I didn't have to, as I am learning Russian already.
ffs.
I would be better at french if I had a good french teacher :/
(04-05-2010, 10:02 PM)IceGuru Wrote: I would be better at french if I had a good french teacher :/

I know what you mean. So many people think that they can teach a language just because they speak it. Not true at all.
I'm learning Japanese, just because i watch a lot of anime Smile

Doing pretty good so far if you ask me.
[Image: gfxbanner.png]
I know how to speak english and polish. I have polish school once a week...I had spanish 7th and 8th grade and it was extremely easy. I know some german russian and slovakian also.
I am fluent in English, Filipino (Tagalog and Visayan) and Chinese. Swedish soon coming up, right Teach? Tongue
(04-05-2010, 10:24 PM)Paradoxum Wrote: I am fluent in English, Filipino (Tagalog and Visayan) and Chinese. Swedish soon coming up, right Teach? Tongue

I'm hoping so Oui

By the way, might I ask something? Why is it that most Filipinos that speak English as a second language tend to overuse commas, replace random 'o's with 0's, and capitalize random letters? I've noticed this to be a trend on HF. Is this related to the way their native language is structured? Note: I am not saying all Filipinos do this.

Also, do you speak Cantonese or Mandarin? And, is it your native language, or one that you picked up?

Have you ever spoken with kk415kk in Chinese?
I was learning Japanese, but it got in the way of my other classes at school. Just as well I didn't pick it though because it's full of fuckwits.
That, I do not understand. Some find it cool to type in that manner, not realizing how bad it looks. In my stay here, I have realized that this is the effect of the way they text. You see, most of them are really fast texters.

A concrete example:

Try typing the alphabet. You'd see that there is a one second interval in pressing letters within the same button. Now, to prevent this, they use the magic button (the one displaying #, it changes the cases of the letters). That actually bypasses the one second interval I was talking about. Now, the results:

Quote:ABcdEfgHijKlmNoPQrSTuVwxYz

The lovely stick caps. Strangely enough, they've taken that into liking. You can see the results, I believe.

Quote:..I LiKe Typing in this way,,, Hehehehehehe

Oh, I speak Hokien. Smile I know a little bit of Mandarin as they are quite similar. No, in Chinese, there is a great difference between knowing how to speak the language and knowing how to write it.

It isn't my native language, however a small part of my ethnicity.
First of all, how do you ALREADY have almost 800 posts? Secondly, I speak English, Assyrian, and German. I also understand Farsi but can't speak very well.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Learning Languages mikinsmith 16 1,958 09-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Akihiko