Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Why Are People So Anti Suicide?
I've actually thought about this same thing. There's no real reason to be living anyways so if you're done with it, be done with it. I don't think it's a good idea to do it out of depression as that is something that will eventually pass but if you just don't want to go on with life, no reason to force it (unless you have people who depend on you for their lives).

(12-17-2009, 11:36 AM)Vorfin Wrote: IMHO, if I wanted to die, I would just throw myself in front of a train, you would be dead in a second with no pain, your head simply explodes, however many people would try something stupid and painful to try and kill themselves, such as silting their wrists, or over dosing.

I would jump off of a high cliff. I want my last emotions / feelings to be as intense as possible (That feeling in your stomach when you're falling + contemplating your death + the wind rushing around and what not would make a really intense scenario).
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
Quote:I would jump off of a high cliff. I want my last emotions / feelings to be as intense as possible (That feeling in your stomach when you're falling + contemplating your death + the wind rushing around and what not would make a really intense scenario).

Right, but depending on how fast you fall and how far you fall, you may or may not survive. I'd rather jump in front of a train to ensure my death.
(12-17-2009, 12:05 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I don't see how that's at all related.
If a person wants to end his or her own life, then they should be able to. They didn't ask to be born, so they should at least have the option to die when they want. I don't think people realise the willpower it takes to take your own life. I wouldn't even be able to inflict harm upon myself intentionally, let alone kill myself. If something has driven a person so far that they are able to take their own life, then it is their right to do so.

It relates because what you do directly effects other people whether you know it or not. As a simply smile to a stranger could make them uplifted for the moment. I knew most wouldn't get the quote or by who. It was by a famous African American who was the first to play baseball for the major leagues. Also, was an activist for the civil rights movement. You gotta think abroad. The big picture. Not just that one life. But, the possibly hundreds they effect.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
Right, but how does that affect us? If I am having a direct impact on someone's life, for example a significant other, then I might care. But, if a stranger relies on me for self-confidence, then maybe it's better off I'm gone; then he'll learn to get it from within himself. I just don't see how we're obligated to live our lives in accordance to our effects on random people, as you have suggested.
(12-17-2009, 12:16 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Right, but how does that affect us? If I am having a direct impact on someone's life, for example a significant other, then I might care. But, if a stranger relies on me for self-confidence, then maybe it's better off I'm gone; then he'll learn to get it from within himself. I just don't see how we're obligated to live our lives in accordance to our effects on random people, as you have suggested.

I won't debate your opinion. As this whole thing is just a giant opinion, technically no one is right. I seem to be the only one here who has experienced a death in the family in regards to this subject, so it effects me differently.
(12-17-2009, 12:07 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Right, but depending on how fast you fall and how far you fall, you may or may not survive. I'd rather jump in front of a train to ensure my death.

I'm talking about a serious cliff. You'd fall as fast as terminal velocity would let you, and as far as the ground lets you. A train is actually less certain because if you jump wrong, trip, jump to early, or jump to late you could just end up getting your legs run over or something painful like that.
Robert Picard
(12-17-2009, 12:19 PM)Uhriventis Wrote: I won't debate your opinion. As this whole thing is just a giant opinion, technically no one is right. I seem to be the only one here who has experienced a death in the family in regards to this subject, so it effects me differently.

You're not the only one, and as same as my grandma died by natural death, I also made to overcome the loss....
I lost many loved people by many different reasons/situations/causes and in the end, yes you'll miss them as hell but if you don't get along you'll end up bad!
(12-17-2009, 12:21 PM)Rob Wrote: I'm talking about a serious cliff. You'd fall as fast as terminal velocity would let you, and as far as the ground lets you. A train is actually less certain because if you jump wrong, trip, jump to early, or jump to late you could just end up getting your legs run over or something painful like that.

I can only agree, but I would more jump out of a plane, free fall all down the way... and maybe speed trough some clouds (ohh man how I would like to do that!)
(12-17-2009, 12:21 PM)Rob Wrote: I'm talking about a serious cliff. You'd fall as fast as terminal velocity would let you, and as far as the ground lets you. A train is actually less certain because if you jump wrong, trip, jump to early, or jump to late you could just end up getting your legs run over or something painful like that.

Just stand on a high stool "or something make shift" about 5 to 8 feet higher (the higher the better) put a slipknot around your neck and kick it. Snaps your neck instantly. Also keep in mind how much you weigh. The more you don't need to be as high the lighter get way up there.
(12-17-2009, 12:22 PM)Master of The Universe Wrote:
I can only agree, but I would more jump out of a plane, free fall all down the way... and maybe speed trough some clouds (ohh man how I would like to do that!)

Plane would be much better. I was going to say that you couldn't get someone to bring you up in the air for that purpose but you could always just go skydiving and take off the parachute in the air. Much better idea.
Robert Picard
Quote:I'm talking about a serious cliff. You'd fall as fast as terminal velocity would let you, and as far as the ground lets you. A train is actually less certain because if you jump wrong, trip, jump to early, or jump to late you could just end up getting your legs run over or something painful like that.

Yeah, that's right. But for example, if you WERE to do it via a train, you could assume any of these positions:

facing away from the train with your spine curved, so the train directly impacts your spin and snaps it.

or, face the train headfirst and slightly ben, so your back is curved and you are looking at the tracks. I assume the train would hit you headfirst and if your skull didn't shatter, your neck would at least snap.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suicide Prevention Solidify 143 46,846 05-31-2014, 02:53 AM
Last Post: arnoldbrame
  My Girlfriend just committed Suicide Modern 28 10,237 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Dubai
  Contemplating Suicide. Nonac 3 883 02-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Last Post: System Meltdown
  Suicide Attempted [3x] Winterâ„¢ 22 3,412 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Delete This Sorry
  Thinking About Suicide :'( I Need Help. Being Bullied At School. -Infectious 35 7,533 12-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Last Post: L-Carnitine