Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Why Are People So Anti Suicide?
(12-17-2009, 11:36 AM)Vorfin Wrote: I was reading some threads in this section, and someone said something along the lines of "It's your life, if you want to, no one will stop you" When talking about suicide.

Of course, the guy got called a heartless idiot, so, I was just wondering, why is suicide always seen so badly? There are two kinds of people, those who want attention, who will slit their wrists, but not want to die, and those who will just do it, no warning, the first time.

Of course, the people who slit, should be helped out of whatever is going on and causing them to hurt themselves, but for those who really want to die, why should we tell them they can't?

IMHO, if I wanted to die, I would just throw myself in front of a train, you would be dead in a second with no pain, your head simply explodes, however many people would try something stupid and painful to try and kill themselves, such as silting their wrists, or over dosing. Surly if someone really wants to die, and has made an informed adult decision about it, we should help them do it in the safest, and least painful way, that will cause as few problems for those around them as possible.

I think I said that xD.
I stand by what I said. People who SAY that they're going kill themselves are usually looking for attention. I know what I mean, because I used to think about killing myself. Obviously, what others said didn't effect me, and I had to slowly make myself realize that life HAS potential.

The truth is, you make the decisions, NO ONE else is suppose to choose which direction YOU take. If you choose to jump off a cliff, it's YOUR decision. Following someone's advice, whether good or bad, is simply letting them control your life. Of course, it should make you think about what you're doing, but in the end, YOUR the one that makes the decision.

What I'm saying is, if you think it's ok to kill yourself, then it's ok. (though maybe not for other people)
The truth being there is a time when it becomes acceptable. Maybe its when you truly love someone, when you make that connection, you can understand the pain they go through. Then you know, that if you love them you have to be able to let go. That is my stance from personal expeirence.
(12-17-2009, 11:36 AM)Vorfin Wrote: I was reading some threads in this section, and someone said something along the lines of "It's your life, if you want to, no one will stop you" When talking about suicide.

Of course, the guy got called a heartless idiot, so, I was just wondering, why is suicide always seen so badly? There are two kinds of people, those who want attention, who will slit their wrists, but not want to die, and those who will just do it, no warning, the first time.

Of course, the people who slit, should be helped out of whatever is going on and causing them to hurt themselves, but for those who really want to die, why should we tell them they can't?

IMHO, if I wanted to die, I would just throw myself in front of a train, you would be dead in a second with no pain, your head simply explodes, however many people would try something stupid and painful to try and kill themselves, such as silting their wrists, or over dosing. Surly if someone really wants to die, and has made an informed adult decision about it, we should help them do it in the safest, and least painful way, that will cause as few problems for those around them as possible.

If you want to kill yourself go ahead, but Im not doing that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suicide Prevention Solidify 143 46,846 05-31-2014, 02:53 AM
Last Post: arnoldbrame
  My Girlfriend just committed Suicide Modern 28 10,237 03-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Last Post: Dubai
  Contemplating Suicide. Nonac 3 883 02-14-2013, 10:19 PM
Last Post: System Meltdown
  Suicide Attempted [3x] Winterâ„¢ 22 3,412 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Delete This Sorry
  Thinking About Suicide :'( I Need Help. Being Bullied At School. -Infectious 35 7,533 12-13-2012, 07:28 AM
Last Post: L-Carnitine