Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics card questions.
I just bought COD4, 5, 6 and Assassins creed and Far Cry 2
4 Didn't work [Pirated Tongue]

And I just installed 5, but it says my gfx card/driver doesn't support Vertex data or something.

I will first try to update my gfx drivers, but if that doesn't work, I'll have to buy a gfx card, which brings me to this:

Can I install a brand new gfx card on my current motherboard? [Yes it has PCI Express slots]
What card would you recommend for playing the above games? Shouldn't be too expensive?

Thanks, arrgg, if only Santa would send me a gfx card for Christmas... Sad
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
Yes, you can I would look into NVIDIA as their cards are generally cheaper then ATI, and as just an opinion I believe they are better. If you require any other help ask. Look for one that is at least 512MB and PCI-E.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
So I can use any nVidia card on my motherboard?
Yeah, most video cards will work. Unless you for some reason have a dinosaur with AGP.
[Image: Uhriventis.gif]
Lol, no... XD
I'd like you to be aware though, if you got a pretty small-to-mid tower sized case, be careful on what you pick. I remember some time ago, I bought a 9800 gtx to go into my computer. I rigged the hell out of it just to try to fit it in, but nope. Look up the dimensions of the video card (because damn, they sure make big ass video cards these days) and measure your rig, see if it'll fit, not just horizontally, but vertically as well. The husky video cards take up about 2 PCI-E slots on some mobos.
[Image: fixedt.png]
Also check your power supply, as some graphics cards require higher amounts.
(12-16-2009, 11:46 PM)ElephantShoe Wrote: I'd like you to be aware though, if you got a pretty small-to-mid tower sized case, be careful on what you pick. I remember some time ago, I bought a 9800 gtx to go into my computer. I rigged the hell out of it just to try to fit it in, but nope. Look up the dimensions of the video card (because damn, they sure make big ass video cards these days) and measure your rig, see if it'll fit, not just horizontally, but vertically as well. The husky video cards take up about 2 PCI-E slots on some mobos.

(12-17-2009, 01:01 AM)hawky72 Wrote: Also check your power supply, as some graphics cards require higher amounts.

Thanks guys, I'll check.
I would reccomend you one, but since I finished my system, I got really lost with all that stuff just because I didn't care anymore.

All the bits are outdated within 3 months anyway... I can guarantee that!
Just go for something mid range that will last a fair while.
eg. something with 512 mb of dedicated RAM.
How about this: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...VqHCjCdwwp

Its only a little off my budget [I can get my dad to spend a little]. Would you think COD 4,5,6 would at least run on it?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which graphics card? Cyrax 4 754 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Existence
  upgrading psu and graphics card brandon1423 0 648 11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Last Post: brandon1423
  [HELP] Problem with my graphics card [HELP] SickmyDuck™ 9 3,224 07-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Last Post: SickmyDuck™
  Slow StartUp All Of a Sudden + Wierd Graphics Card Crash JohnRonder 10 2,707 02-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy
  Big Issue with my Graphics Card, or Monitor Razzo 6 1,486 01-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Razzo