Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TUTORIAL] How to change or clone your MAC address
Often, daily I met ppl who want to change their MAC address on their network card. Why to change your MAC address?

Generally the answer is because internet providers are "codding" MAC addresses, and when you will bring in the cable on your laptop or personal computer you don't have internet access. There is a solution for this with changing your mac address.

Windows XP/Vista
1. Open "cmd" and type "getmac" or "ipconfig /all". Find your Physical Address and remember it.

2. Then go to Control Panel » Right click on Network Connections » Properties on the Local Arena Connection or on the network which you want to change the MAC address.

3. Go to "General" » Configure » Advanced:
[Image: 94384595ah6.th.jpg]

From the left side-pane choose "Network Address" and in the field "Value" type your MAC address(without -) and click OK.

Also you can see your mac address when you will right click on Local Arena Connection » Support » Details.

GNU/Linux
1. Open terminal and type:
Code:
ifconfig eth0 |grep HWaddr
to see the mac address.

2. At the second computer in terminal type:
Code:
ifconfig eth0 down hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:01
00:00:00:00:00:00:01 = mac address.

At the end type:
Code:
ipconfig eth0 up

and your MAC address is changed.

MAC OS X
For OS X version before Tiger (OS X 10.4) you will need to install this patch.

Type:
Code:
ipconfig en0
to see your mac addres, and then on the second computer write:
Code:
sudo ifconfig en0 lladdr 00:00:00:00:00:01
where 00:00:00:00:00:01 is the mac address.
Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by a bus.
and what if you got 2 PCs with the same MAC and you don't want your ISP to know that ? how do u cover it ?
Verum quaere et insaniam inveni
And the 2nd computer have internet connection. If you have PC with internet connection and one or more laptops you will just clone the mac address from the personal computer and will have internet on your laptops. Just you will need wifi router(it not worth a lot).

Your ISP can't catch you coz you are using the same ip like your already connected pc, and here is nothing ilegall.
Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by a bus.
nice tut to me!!
CHINAMAN
Quote:i like to make myself belie
[Image: 2n7ehx4.jpg]
[Image: save_banner.asp?file=HWHERMJMMH.jpg]
(12-13-2009, 01:11 PM)BIG DEAL Wrote: and what if you got 2 PCs with the same MAC and you don't want your ISP to know that ? how do u cover it ?
Not possible. MAC addresses are unique, every computer has a different one.
[Image: mint.png]
(12-15-2009, 09:02 AM)TheDoctor Wrote: Not possible. MAC addresses are unique, every computer has a different one.

It is possible where very unlikely that this can happen on its own, its similar to the chances of 2 people with the same name jumping out of 2 different planes and hitting the ground at the same time, without every talking to each other.

However if you clone your mac then 2 computers would have to same mac.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT] Change Your IP Address In Under 10 Steps! [TUT] rated 35 6,710 04-11-2013, 10:46 PM
Last Post: priyavasanth
  How to change your IP with a Mac Address . Baker 2 793 11-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Last Post: Radix
  Tutorial How to change IP with Belkin Router BRAINI4C 3 8,068 04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Elektrisk