Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18 Million Dollar Government Contract for Web Design
Quote:Nancy Pelosi was hiring someone to redo the recovery.gov website. Three people were bidding: a guy from New York, a guy from California, and a lobbyist from Washington DC.

Pelosi asked the guy from New York for his bid. He made some phone calls, did some math on a calculator, and said "I can do this website for one million dollars".

Pelosi next asked the guy from California. Being from Silicon Valley, he called some of his friends that had done similar websites. He turned to Pelosi and said "I can do this website for you for two million dollars".

Pelosi then asked the last person, the lobbyist from DC. Without blinking an eye, the lobbyist answered: "Eighteen Million Dollars".

Pelosi was taken aback. She looked at the lobbyist and asked, "I'm curious, how do you expect to get this project by asking for such a large amount of money?"

The Lobbyist answered with a smile, "Eight million for you, eight million for me, and we hire the guy from California."

Found in the P&R of DP http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showpost....ostcount=5

This about sums it up.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Hahaha - I could never imagine paying millions of dollars just for a website re-design.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What page width is in fashion for contemporary web design right now? Parker Boeri 0 380 06-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Last Post: Parker Boeri
  1.2 Million Dollars Worth of Microsoft Points Exploited Deltron 9 1,865 04-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  National burn a dollar day. Xander 22 2,738 11-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Dear Government of the United States Xander 0 408 11-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Xander
  Web Design Dcrac23 11 1,674 08-13-2010, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Thomas