Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hp laptop restarts all the time
Download a new version of Windows XP from a trusted source and reinstall. If the problem persists, post it again. If I helped you, please +rep. Thanks.
if you are talking about Hp pavilion series , then you should consider that they overheat, try cleaning the coolers.. or other possible solution is to update your BIOS (flash it) that will solve you a lots of problems and bugs
They always over heat for my m8.

Maybe clean your cooler like spiro_dt said
Go to the HP website and find the drivers for your model laptop and reinstall them. They're there, I've done it many times.

Next time, before reformatting your entire computer, see if your laptop comes with an option to make a factory default cd and do it that way instead.

Best of luck!
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
(12-09-2009, 10:49 PM)myposbussie Wrote: ok i got it on and i did a system restore but now alot of drivers is missing inc the cdrom!
the cdrom works fine but it only reads dvd's not cd's, and my xp is on a cd.
my other prob is somehow the cdrom shows up in the saflyremove window?
how do you boot from that?

Suggest you load up windows 7 home starter [On a DVD]

Will most likely fix problems.
(04-08-2010, 12:54 PM)SehCure Wrote: Suggest you load up windows 7 home starter [On a DVD]

Will most likely fix problems.

No, it won't. Windows 7 home starter doesn't have the drivers for the various components that are specific to HIS particular laptop. For example, there are hundreds of different graphics cards, and he needs the drivers for the one that's in HIS laptop.

Go to the HP website and download the drivers from there -- make sure you first read the instructions which explains the order in which drivers should be downloaded or they may not all work.
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
Try running the PC in safe mode. Should work.