Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Awards Now Setup
I'll never earn anything ,everybody's like cooler and wiser lol
(12-08-2009, 01:05 PM)Grizzly Wrote: I didn't say a "Nominate Yourself" thread, I said a nomination thread.
Yes, you did. I just went into the specifics, that's all ;).
Now where'd that programming award go? Tongue
[Image: nv70ad.png]
Terrorcore, unleash, extermination
Hyper real, cold blood, determination
fudge them, I like this sensation
Incredible, I from the annihilation
I am sure there are awards I will be adding to help fill up the list.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(12-08-2009, 10:24 AM)Grizzly Wrote: Is there going to be an awards nomination thread?
Quote:Yes, you did. I just went into the specifics, that's all ;).

Actually I didn't ;)

Can't wait to see some of your ideas you have Omni. I have some suggestions but I'll hold off on them and see what you come up with.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
A nice addition indeed is that.

I don't want to sound like a grammar nazi here, ahem, but there seems to be a slight slip in the description listed below:

Star of Sharing - Earned by members that have seeked information and shared it with others.

Sorry, but I believe that saying members who have 'sought' information would sound better
as 'seeked' as such doesn't really exist, well not in the online dictionaries below, among others that I have entered it into anyway
and as 'sought' is the past tense of seek I believe that it sounds better.

http://dictionary.reference.com/?jss=0
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/results....&x=23&y=15
http://m-w.com/dictionary/seeked

I apologize for bringing it up, or maybe seeming pedantic but I believed
it was worth mentioning.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
(12-09-2009, 11:36 PM)UID=0 Wrote: A nice addition indeed is that.

I don't want to sound like a grammar nazi here, ahem, but there seems to be a slight slip in the description listed below:

Star of Sharing - Earned by members that have seeked information and shared it with others.

Sorry, but I believe that saying members who have 'sought' information would sound better
as 'seeked' as such doesn't really exist, well not in the online dictionaries below, among others that I have entered it into anyway
and as 'sought' is the past tense of seek I believe that it sounds better.

http://dictionary.reference.com/?jss=0
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/results....&x=23&y=15
http://m-w.com/dictionary/seeked

I apologize for bringing it up, or maybe seeming pedantic but I believed
it was worth mentioning.

So, what part of that was you not being a grammar nazi?
Just curious.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(12-09-2009, 11:41 PM)ktmrider530 Wrote: So, what part of that was you not being a grammar nazi?
Just curious.

Okay, I hadn't used that phrase before I saw it maybe here, but I cannot swear to that. If it wasn't here,
then it was at the other site which I shouldn't need to name at present because not so long ago,
there were quite a few who were saying that they didn't really want to see that name here.
I can't recall who it was now, but 'grammr nazi' was and maybe still is, part of their signature.

Anyhow, there are others either here or there, who are more into mentioning slips in grammar than I am
and they have previously mentioned errors, not only to other members, but also to the boss here as well.

At one time in the past, I used to do some proof reading at a place of employment, so I guess that old habits die hard as they say.

My intent was just to point out what looked to me like an error that's all and it wasn't intended in a bitchy manner or anywhere near anything like that.

It was more a case of thinking what any guests or new members may have thought if they saw that, was what prompted me to mention it.

(12-10-2009, 12:06 AM)UID=0 Wrote: Okay, I hadn't used that phrase before I saw it maybe here, but I cannot swear to that. If it wasn't here,
then it was at the other site which I shouldn't need to name at present because not so long ago,
there were quite a few who were saying that they didn't really want to see that name here.
I can't recall who it was now, but 'grammr nazi' was and maybe still is, part of their signature.

Anyhow, there are others either here or there, who are more into mentioning slips in grammar than I am
and they have previously mentioned errors, not only to other members, but also to the boss here as well.

At one time in the past, I used to do some proof reading at a place of employment, so I guess that old habits die hard as they say.

My intent was just to point out what looked to me like an error that's all and it wasn't intended in a bitchy manner or anywhere near anything like that.

It was more a case of thinking what any guests or new members may have thought if they saw that, was what prompted me to mention it.
Lol, I was just messin around. Relax.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.
(12-10-2009, 12:08 AM)ktmrider530 Wrote: Lol, I was just messin around. Relax.

Hehe, well it's a little hard to tell sometimes.

BTW - Congrats on being the 1st to get an award here!
Along with M.o.T.U, I also think that you should get another award for getting the first award here as well....Smile

Ya know like:

The first award award - The award given to the member who earned the first award.

Although that would be a little exclusive though methinks...;)

Oh yeah, when you said you were only messin around,
erm, messin should have really said messin', with the ' at the end.
Now just to make it clear, I am just messing around there as well,
because I don't go to those sort of extremes.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Establishment Awards creators have revealed 11 more prominent enormous name arbitrato lioscar 0 575 02-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Last Post: lioscar
  Awards Katz 7 1,469 12-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Solidus
  More awards? DAMINK™ 36 9,015 09-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Awards Canoris 10 2,073 01-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Omniscient
  Awards Akshay* 23 4,672 11-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Project Evolution