Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
car issues stalling while driving
i have a 2000 Hyundai accent a 4 cylinder engine and the other day i was driving it and the check engine light comes on and so i tried to gas it and it jsut stalls but i keep moving it just there's no power and can not accelerate but all my lights are on and such. it has been happening when it is cold engine whenever it been running for about 20 min it doesn't do it anymore

any ideas on things i can try

i had the transmission replaced a year and a half ago. I also replaced spark plugs and wires about 3 months ago. i ran a injector cleaner through it seafoam and also gumout no luck also replaced fuel filter 6 months ago. the air filter is clean also checked it.

any suggestions im a medium car guy almost anything but ripping out transmissions and engines.

any suggestions are appreciated.
[Image: SoulScore.jpg]
Have you had your hoses checked for any leaks or cracks?

What about the alternator?
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
no i have not but im off saturday ill look them over and see if theres anything there
[Image: SoulScore.jpg]
No power huh? Well, in my semi-limited experience this might mean you blew your head gasket. Look at my "how to check compression" thread. if you decide to do that, let me know what your compression readings are, i will be able to tell you whats up from there. If not, just bring it in. Or check your spark plugs, if they are black and sooty replace them. I'll watch this thread to ba as much help as i can.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your Favorite Dream Car Dcrac23 233 129,025 05-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Last Post: Detective RooTz
  My car Psychosis 28 8,195 08-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Uzi
  Car Picture of the day . sunexim 5 907 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Oveяloяd
  What car would you buy? XACTLYSIN 28 9,983 11-27-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: jamessaunders832
  New Honda Car sunexim 0 678 11-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Last Post: sunexim