Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Got a problem
On Saturday I tried printing a file and it printed however 5 minutes later it said to print, you need to install the printer's drivers, and I'm like what? I thought nothing of it; now today I come home turn on my pc, and it wont connect to the internet saying it cannot find the drivers for my ethernet device.

I did a system restore, to be able to type this, but I still got a few errors everywhere in my programs. I am wondering if someone has control of my pc through a RAT or something?

What should I do.
[Image: zbacklash11.png]
Alright, Well I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate... So i guess my problems are gone...

God I was so paranoid.
Heres what to do for future reference:

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Link: www.malwarebytes.org
Download HiJackThis
Download AVG/Avast or a FREE (if you don't want to pay for software)

Post a hijack this log and someone here will analyze it. Hope this helps Smile
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
(11-30-2009, 03:44 PM)Codine Wrote: Heres what to do for future reference:

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Link: www.malwarebytes.org
Download HiJackThis
Download AVG/Avast or a FREE (if you don't want to pay for software)

Post a hijack this log and someone here will analyze it. Hope this helps Smile

Yea thanks, I just needed to do this because I have a project due tomorrow and I needed to print this ASAP.
You shouldn't of formatted, but you've done it now, but good look keeping Virus' free from now on Smile Also, click my sig and sign up and view 4 ads Tongue
(11-30-2009, 03:50 PM)Codine Wrote: You shouldn't of formatted, but you've done it now, but good look keeping Virus' free from now on Smile Also, click my sig and sign up and view 4 ads Tongue

I usually have no problems with malware, this one was mind boggling... IDK if it even was malware, I just took the precaution.
If you keep your system upto date, and don't download from sites/people your unsure of and if you sandbox things, you should be pretty safe.
(11-30-2009, 03:55 PM)Codine Wrote: If you keep your system upto date, and don't download from sites/people your unsure of and if you sandbox things, you should be pretty safe.

Yea ithink this incident made me turn whitehat, especially on HF...
Yeah, being a whitehat helps in alot of ways... But i can't say no more, as this is a whitehat forum if you know what i mean Smile
get eset nod32 you can get free keys for it oh and try spybot s & d its a gud program to get rif of sim viruses