Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
VBS Malware Scanner. [Coded By Vorfin]
VBS Malware Scanner

[Image: 16i8l7r.png]

What is it?

The VBS Malware Scanner is a comprehensive state of the art virus scanner, being flexible, portable, and fast, it is the easiest way to stay safe on the internet.

VBS Malware Scanner is best used in combination with a traditional anti-virus and firewall, to compensate for their short comings. Much unlike it's counterparts, that try to charge $80+, VBS Malware Scanner is 100% free, with no adverts, trials, or reduced uses.

Why is it needed?

Traditional anti-viruses do work well, however, they will only pick up on an infection once you are infected. This can be unsafe, due to today's world of fast evolving viruses that will have spread to your whole computer before your AV can even alert you.

VBS Malware Scanner allows you to to scan a file in a safe environment, without running it, and against a database far larger than that of any traditional anti-virus. In fact, nearly 25 times larger than most commercial anti-viruses.

Download:
[Image: j67ksi.png]
[Image: Lj]
I'm currently using Linux (On laptop) but i'll test this out on my Windows box, i'll also send a few people here to try it out also, You've earned yourself a +rep.. Well done!
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Cool, but how is it that you have a database larger than a commerical av's? They actually get paid to do their job.
Good work, I like it. I may use it but when new infections come forward will they be added to your database?

Also coded in what? VB?
I get this error when I open the program on my Windows box:

[Image: errorq.jpg]

Hope you can help me fix this issue.
(12-02-2009, 03:20 AM)Codine Wrote: I get this error when I open the program on my Windows box:

[Image: errorq.jpg]

Hope you can help me fix this issue.

Do you have the latest .NET framework? It's coded in VB.NET, so you need 3.5, or 4.0 Beta.
(12-01-2009, 10:58 PM)InsideSin Wrote: Cool, but how is it that you have a database larger than a commerical av's? They actually get paid to do their job.

Exactly, they get paid, that's their downfall, they compete with each other, and don't share information. By doing this they can see "Hey, only we can protect you from XXVirusXX"

However, look closely at my wording.

Quote:against a database far larger than that of any traditional anti-virus.

It would be impossible to one person to create a virus database that would even be noticed, let alone usable due to the huge amount of malware.

However, there are many free databases on the internet, by cross-referencing these, I can identify infections, and return a result.

(12-02-2009, 03:12 AM)Combo Wrote: Good work, I like it. I may use it but when new infections come forward will they be added to your database?

Also coded in what? VB?

Yes, and yes.
[Image: Lj]
(12-01-2009, 10:58 PM)InsideSin Wrote: Cool, but how is it that you have a database larger than a commerical av's? They actually get paid to do their job.
I'll try and update the .net framework and then post back to let you know if it works or not.
Does this scan multiple files? If so, a heuristic approach would render this low class. :p
My SMF Modifications:
http://anthony.vibrantvps.com/smf
Its good, but i scanned a file and it took over 4 minutes to scan a file that was less than 500kb.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need a free Antivirus w/ file scanner! Scalise 25 4,747 03-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Last Post: Existence
  Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and how to use it. Skill 30 7,146 12-05-2011, 03:12 AM
Last Post: smartjenny
  Online Virus Scanners & Malware Analyzers List Akinova 10 4,342 11-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Last Post: iMoney
  (Free) Anti-Malware programs Bugsy 21 8,532 11-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Last Post: New Jersey
  Best online scanner? Eagle 23 5,773 08-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Last Post: flAmingw0rm