Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acer help
Alright I have a acer computer and, I was wondering how to fix this problem whenever I start the computer up it just reboots back to the start up screen and keeps on doing that. I don't know how to fix this problem and, I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this, I would appreciate it!

-Thank you
Do you have it under warrenty? I recently sent a laptop back to them and they repaired that for free.
I think some eseential files are missing or corrupted or maybe a virus or faulty hardware. Try to load your windows in safe mode and do system restore (if possible). But before you do so, make sure you unplug the power for 1 minute and plug it in again.

And as Aristotle said ' If you have a warranty send it back to the manufacturer and they will fix it for you.
You will most likely have to reinstall windows. I suggest downloading a linux distro, and saving whatever files you want first.
(11-28-2009, 08:07 PM)Aristotle Wrote: Do you have it under warrenty? I recently sent a laptop back to them and they repaired that for free.
no

(11-28-2009, 08:49 PM)4u111 Wrote: I think some eseential files are missing or corrupted or maybe a virus or faulty hardware. Try to load your windows in safe mode and do system restore (if possible). But before you do so, make sure you unplug the power for 1 minute and plug it in again.

And as Aristotle said ' If you have a warranty send it back to the manufacturer and they will fix it for you.
no warranty, and i think it was a virus that fudged me up and delete my partion
Can't you just run your windows in safe mode? if you can, do a virus scan when you get to the desktop.

If the above doesn't work try this:

1- On the boot up press "del" and go into bios mode and change first boot to cd-rom.
2- insert your windows xp cd, follow instructions untill you see the option for recovery and press "r".
3- You will now see a black screen, If you have more than one OS on the disk it will ask you which windows you wanna recover, so i think you will have two options or three options depending on how many windows you have installed. press the number that have the windows you want to recover and then it might ask you for username and password.
4- Once you enter the username of the windows you want to recover, the cursor will flash on a new line and here you need to type in the following: chkdsk /r (dont miss the space between chkdsk and /r) then press enter. This may take a while to finish so be patient ( probably between 30 - 50 mins or maybe longer)

5- Once it's finished, type in: fixmbr (It might ask you to replace a file, so just say yes)

6- When it's done, type "exit" (without quotes) and let windows reboot and hopefully you it's fixed.

If it doesn't work i would recommend installing a new fresh xp or vist/7 whatever. I wouldn't recommend repairing your windows as you might get the same problem again. So, format and install a new copy if the above instructions doesnt work.

Another tip, if you have two partitions, install a new copy of windows on the healthy partition and then get/backup the files you want from the infected partition.

Good Luck.
(11-29-2009, 07:40 AM)4u111 Wrote: Can't you just run your windows in safe mode? if you can, do a virus scan when you get to the desktop.

If the above doesn't work try this:

1- On the boot up press "del" and go into bios mode and change first boot to cd-rom.
2- insert your windows xp cd, follow instructions untill you see the option for recovery and press "r".
3- You will now see a black screen, If you have more than one OS on the disk it will ask you which windows you wanna recover, so i think you will have two options or three options depending on how many windows you have installed. press the number that have the windows you want to recover and then it might ask you for username and password.
4- Once you enter the username of the windows you want to recover, the cursor will flash on a new line and here you need to type in the following: chkdsk /r (dont miss the space between chkdsk and /r) then press enter. This may take a while to finish so be patient ( probably between 30 - 50 mins or maybe longer)

5- Once it's finished, type in: fixmbr (It might ask you to replace a file, so just say yes)

6- When it's done, type "exit" (without quotes) and let windows reboot and hopefully you it's fixed.

If it doesn't work i would recommend installing a new fresh xp or vist/7 whatever. I wouldn't recommend repairing your windows as you might get the same problem again. So, format and install a new copy if the above instructions doesnt work.

Another tip, if you have two partitions, install a new copy of windows on the healthy partition and then get/backup the files you want from the infected partition.

Good Luck.

It wont even let me go into safe mode I have to go back to last known configuration for it to go into safe mode. The I don't think i got my Windows CD anymore. But can't i just buy one from the store?
I guess I can buy a Window XP CD and just install Xp on my computer instead of doing all that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  acer aspire 3680 Gpizzle 3 963 10-14-2009, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Apparatus