Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Write High Converting Sales Pages
Before I begin, I wrote this for my blog GenWebs.Net - Webmaster Blog and if you enjoy the article I encourage you to check it out.

So, what is a conversion? Put simply, it’s when your visitor completes your “call-to action.” Whether it be buying a product, sending an e-mail, calling you, etc. Usually it refers to buying a product so a converting sale page is a page designed in a unique way to make the visitor buy something.

One of the biggest things people do NOT do is direct people to the content. I don’t mean use huge annoying text, but your webpage should be designed to naturally point people to the content. When you read this blog usually your eye is attracted right to the blog posts. So don’t have ads, a huge header, contact form, e-mail sign up, comments, etc all in a cluttered area. The main content should also be before the page fold. People want to find out what the product is, if it is for them, and how much it costs. All in under 7 seconds. They do not want to go searching for this information. Use professional headers to get the point across.

Next tip, people don’t care about you or your business. Don’t clutter the page telling people about how long you’ve been in the business, your company goals, etc. Leave that out. And when talking about the product don’t use pronouns like I, we, or us. So instead of saying “Our service will build High Quality Backlinks for you” say “You’ll dominate search engines with ease using these services.”

After this, you need to give the ‘one-two punch.’ Also known as the problem and solution. Tell your visitor their problem, and then hit them quickly with the solution. “Being on the 7th page of Google for your keywords Is depressing isn’t it? Who goes there? No one. Don’t worry you’ll dominate search engines with ease using these services.” See how I combined the two?

Final step is customer security. They want to feel safe ordering online, because ordering online can be dangerous. One or two testimonials, links to your social bookmarking websites (facebook, twitter, etc. But only if they are mildly active), customer support e-mail, customer support phone number, etc. Anything you can think of to assure the visitor feels safe purchasing. Let them know you are there to help them solve their problems, understand the product better, etc. Outline the steps they need to take to order and get started.

So next time you are writing or paying someone to create a conversion sales page make sure everything here is included.
Thanks for this how to Smile
Wow, thanks for the in depth explanation on everything. I'm sure many people will find this helpful.
[Image: blazin.gif]
The two people above me didn't read the whole post. Just wondering, where did you gather the information from. Is it all from your personal experiences, or do you have an outside source of knowledge?
Personal experience that has worked for me in the past.