Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Advertising?
(11-22-2009, 04:12 PM)GhoSt Wrote: Do
E-mail Blast
Private Message
Then make a Sticky Announcement
email blast= annoying and probably a deterrent.
Pm blast=good idea. did this before bit like Omni said we are more developed.
Sticky=this has already been done.

The referral contest sounds like a good idea too.
(11-19-2009, 11:58 AM)Omniscient Wrote: ......but I'd like to see us rank higher for more keywords......

Is there anything that we can do to help with that?

I'm not sure about how this works.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
I really don't think that emails are annoying. It's not like each person gets mass amounts of email lol.
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
I wouldn't mind one email. Just don't spam it a load.
I would start affilating banner ads. I don't think PM blasts will do much good. The best of HF is already here. :/
One thing to note is that HF gets 350 new members per day. So in the 7 weeks we have added about 15,000 new members.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Yeah, a PM blast would be fine. Because, as you've said, HF gets a ton of new members daily. And 15k perspective new members is better than not doing anything about it at all and not getting any.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Hey just a thought. I say that no matter how anoyying it is or how many un useful members we get in I started as a hackforums jerk and im starting to like the clean bright feeling. We have an influential population that spreads fast. I say you do everyones ideas and if some people dont like it then so be it its only takes fifteen seconds to delete an amail or private message. Also I know this is unprbable but you could make an advertisement and have a donation thing on the website for people to donate to go to the advertising fund.
(11-29-2009, 01:36 AM)Omniscient Wrote: One thing to note is that HF gets 350 new members per day. So in the 7 weeks we have added about 15,000 new members.

Didn't take that into account. How many stay long enough to check there pms now though?
Most people just sign up to get one thing they want, then are inactive.
PM me for private, confidential support.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you know The Way Gmail Advertising Works jamesbrownn 0 386 02-25-2019, 02:19 AM
Last Post: jamesbrownn
  Member advertising his site on PM. Mangix 4 860 10-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Me advertising Supportforums on Youtube :) Emotion 5 877 06-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Last Post: ΣΠΤΣR SHΦΚΔRΦ