Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Stats
Comparing SF stats:
Our members have made a total of 26,607 posts in 2,612 threads.
We currently have 1,384 members registered.

To my stats:
Our members have made a total of 2,835 posts in 562 threads.
We currently have 1,478 members registered.

It is really weird. I have more members, yet SF has nearly 9.3 times more posts. It is crazy! How can I fix this? I have nearly 50 sections. I think everyone can find something to post in.
Encouragement to post, start interesting topics. Give your users something to talk about. Maybe they're all just shy or don't have anything to talk about!
You need to make your users get to know each other, so then they will want to talk to others on your forum about this and that.
As E^^ said.
My stats are now:

Our members have made a total of 3,286 posts in 637 threads.
We currently have 1,876 members registered.
Every site is going to have it's own ratio of posts/members. Sometimes it's about getting the right group of people to be active. It also starts with you. Are you posting enough on your forums? Are you encouraging good threads and conversations?

And having 50 sections means nothing if most of them are empty or worse...aren't of interest to your base of members.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(11-29-2009, 02:20 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Every site is going to have it's own ratio of posts/members. Sometimes it's about getting the right group of people to be active. It also starts with you. Are you posting enough on your forums? Are you encouraging good threads and conversations?

And having 50 sections means nothing if most of them are empty or worse...aren't of interest to your base of members.

I have 800 posts on my forums with lots of good threads. Some members are starting to post, but only some. Some have 80+ posts while all the rest have under 5. Today my site hit 2k members. We had 27 register in the past 24 hours which makes my current stats:
Threads: 654
Members: 2,002