Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's happening with SF?
Alright so Omni said a few months ago that he wanted to bring back SF back to life and so far I can see that it's still pretty much dead. What's happening with that? Did Omni gave up on the idea? I understand that he might have pushed back the time he would dedicate on SF because of the server move on HF, but I would like to know whether or not SF is going to be worked on or not because I'm ready to assist here whenever I can.

If SF will stay the way it is (dead) for the moment, then I'll just wait until Omni works on it. Just wondering if anyone knows what's happening with that.
I thought SF was going to come back as well that's why I came and register yet today it's dead.
We can all dream, but I wouldn't get your hopes up. The main issue for him is time, in an ideal world I'm sure he'd like to focus on SF more, however it's just not possible for him at the moment. HF is only getting bigger, makes me think he should give the reigns to someone else, let them try to regenerate activity in the site.

I've suggested this to him before, I think I spoke to him about a year ago about myself/ or other staff members getting involved and taking charge of trying to re-kindle what we had here. Although it's been dead for a good 3 years now and would require some effort, I would still step up to the mark given the opportunity. I've been here pretty much since the beaning and it was once a big part of my life, we've all grown up and I'd like to see SF back to the activity levels it was at previously.

I assume the only reason the site is still live is because it generates a decent amount of traffic and I assume there's some adverts about (using adblock myself), or maybe Omniscient has a plan? Who knows I haven't spoken to him in over a year.
It would be cool to have people be active on both HF and SF, even having other people run this site for the most part. Even having this site as a backup for people to go to when HF is down would be fine.
If Omni were to bring back the SF award I'd be all about that.
[Image: spring.png]
I think one way omni could bring back activity to the site would possibly be an award on hf, but make it kinda hard to earn.

But I think when he is doing Maintenance, he should HF redirect to SF (Have a message like this: Maintenance. 30-60. Visit SupportForums in the meantime. -Omni ), it could possibly help revive SF.
I'm also curious if this site will be active.
Omni could easily advertise it on HF again.
[Image: qMBBR2p.png]
(11-03-2015, 07:55 PM)illuminati Wrote: I think one way omni could bring back activity to the site would possibly be an award on hf, but make it kinda hard to earn.

But I think when he is doing Maintenance, he should HF redirect to SF (Have a message like this: Maintenance. 30-60. Visit SupportForums in the meantime. -Omni ), it could possibly help revive SF.
There already is/was. It's called the support feather. 
Only members from 5 & 6 years ago got them.
I have the award and glad it was for a limited time only. One of the only awards that can't be bought or earned again. I believe the last award was given out in 2012.
[Image: qMBBR2p.png]
(11-09-2015, 01:42 AM)Zyptic Wrote: There already is/was. It's called the support feather. 
Only members from 5 & 6 years ago got them.
I have the award and glad it was for a limited time only. One of the only awards that can't be bought or earned again. I believe the last award was given out in 2012.

Yes I approved the last feather award towards the end of 2012. A lot of new HF members and activity since then, fair few years since it was about so perhaps a good move to give it another blast.
I'm waiting for that, want to be more active here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is something happening, or is it just me.... Gaijin 18 2,439 10-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Genuine