Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet Connection Issues
Hi,

I've had a fairly irritating internet issue for 3 months or so. I tried a number of things to fix it but eventually gave up in frustration.

Basically, whenever I boot up my computer I do not have an internet connection for a random amount of time, varying from a few minutes to 20 or more (depending if I'm trying to load many webpages or internet reliant programs). This never used to be the case, where I was able to load web pages within seconds of booting up. Also, if I close a browser and reopen it I'm met with the same issue, where it wont load web pages for a random period of time, although pinging google returns an internet connection, something that isn't the case on boot up. Furthermore, at random intervals loading web pages will slow, sometimes to a halt. In regards to what I've done to try and fix the issue:

- Ran multiple anti-virus scans
- reinstalled OS (Windows 7)
- Used a different network adapter
- Tried a wireless adapter
- Took my PC to a computer repair store. They installed a previous network adapter driver and it fixed the issue. Upon taking it home the issue returned (even after redoing what they did)
- Had a computer technician come out and look at what's going on (he didn't really know what he was doing for the looks)
- Tried varying the internet demand on start up
- Restarted router

Also note that there are a number of other computers in my household, none of which experience the same issue. So based on that I'm thinking it's something hardware related? Although if I've changed the network adapter, what could be causing it?

Computer info:

- Windows 7
- Z87- A
- i5 4670k @ 3.4
- 2x GTX 770's
- Corsair 750 W PSU

If there's anything else I can provide that will help the diagnosis of this issue let me know.

Cheers.
Its really a nice page to extract information about IT problems.I was willing to get some computer help Perth so I found this page very beneficial.
Thanks for information provided!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Individual connection speed limited danneracci 2 989 12-25-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt
  Internet connection issue mack1 1 757 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Miltan
  Internet loses connection when some uses the phone Phisher 1 761 10-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Last Post: diana33
  wifi connection problem magnus1 4 1,120 04-18-2013, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Sam
  Poor Connection Problems Austneal 11 4,124 04-18-2013, 02:39 AM
Last Post: Sam