Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible to have an official "Update" thread ?
Just wondering if it would be possible to have a thread where you (Omni) would list everything there is to do on SF and see what has been done and what still have to be done. This way we'll know how the revamp of the forum is going, since we're unsure of the situation right now and I feel like the activity have dropped a bit :O
I'm fairly positive that Hack Forums has been taking up a majority of Omniscient's time lately, although Support Forums will likely be worked on relatively soon. I was considering starting an SF News, but it seems a bit dead here, so although I'm not opposed to the idea, I'm worried about the activity of reliable members capable of putting it together, the amount of news even available for a weekly release (perhaps a monthly release?), and necessity of such a thing when the forum is currently crawling. If it were to be implemented, however, I believe that would provide some sort of regular, "official" update information.
I would start with a monthly release and then go with a weekly release once the forum picks up activity. But I guess the news format you want for SF will be different than from HF ?
I would assert that a monthly release wouldn't do much good as it's not receiving much traction although acknowledged by Omniscient. I believe that it will once HF has hit a hiatus with planned updates whereby he can spend more time here. Until then, I think news at all should be just an idea. I would assume that Omni would keep SF updated when he does make changes here.
(11-23-2014, 07:38 PM)Shield Wrote: I would assert that a monthly release wouldn't do much good as it's not receiving much traction although acknowledged by Omniscient. I believe that it will once HF has hit a hiatus with planned updates whereby he can spend more time here. Until then, I think news at all should be just an idea. I would assume that Omni would keep SF updated when he does make changes here.

I would like to see more people coming on SF too. There was a boom of activity when Omni posted about reviving SupportForums, but it quickly died, sadly.

100th post ! Big Grin
I joined in 2011, hope activity accelerates once again.
I would with this idea, anything is worth a shot to get this up and running again.
[Image: 8c5TvNF.jpg]
(10-11-2015, 03:02 PM)Cubs Wrote: I would with this idea, anything is worth a shot to get this up and running again.

Good luck with that ;)
yes thats idea is great. there would be appreciate
(11-16-2016, 11:00 PM)SynorisTechnologies Wrote: yes thats idea is great. there would be appreciate

Did you realize that you're going to reply to a thread that was posted two years before?
[Image: Z95Xp.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update a Few Things Reaper 9 1,973 10-27-2014, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Aura
  Official groups and Non Official groups AceInfinity 25 5,064 04-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  New Official Avatars Broken. Shock 1 692 03-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Last Post: iMario