Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB 1.8.1
I'm sure I'll enable My Awards once I know it's 1.8 compatible which I'm pretty sure it is since it's pretty independent of core.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-24-2014, 09:03 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I'm sure I'll enable My Awards once I know it's 1.8 compatible which I'm pretty sure it is since it's pretty independent of core.

Sounds great. I think I've seen a few 1.8 forums with MyAwards.
(10-24-2014, 08:48 AM)Omniscient Wrote:
Quote:Glad to see that they're rolling out the fixes fairly quickly.
Well MyBB 1.8 was released September 1 so it wasn't immediate but then again they had 74 bugs fixed and still have 94 more open.  If they can hussle and get 1.8.2 out in 60 days with another 60+ bugs fixed that would be nice.  

They're going at a reasonable pace for the workload.

(10-24-2014, 08:48 AM)Omniscient Wrote: My guess is that bug fixing on 1.6x is done as they focus on 1.8 and they'll only release security updates.  But 1.6x doesn't have many bugs left if any. A shame that as soon as a release is bug free they major version upgrade and start with new bugs.

I've noticed a lot of companies doing that. A product is finally bug-free, and a new version arrives with more bugs. Hah. Those workaholics!

It's pretty neat logging on to the forum while I'm at work and seeing a couple of small adjustments every so often.
(10-24-2014, 09:30 AM)Froggy Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 08:48 AM)Omniscient Wrote:
Quote:Glad to see that they're rolling out the fixes fairly quickly.
Well MyBB 1.8 was released September 1 so it wasn't immediate but then again they had 74 bugs fixed and still have 94 more open.  If they can hussle and get 1.8.2 out in 60 days with another 60+ bugs fixed that would be nice.  

They're going at a reasonable pace for the workload.

(10-24-2014, 08:48 AM)Omniscient Wrote: My guess is that bug fixing on 1.6x is done as they focus on 1.8 and they'll only release security updates.  But 1.6x doesn't have many bugs left if any. A shame that as soon as a release is bug free they major version upgrade and start with new bugs.

I've noticed a lot of companies doing that. A product is finally bug-free, and a new version arrives with more bugs. Hah. Those workaholics!

It's pretty neat logging on to the forum while I'm at work and seeing a couple of small adjustments every so often.
Agreed. This forum is much cleaner and peaceful than HF. As for the bugs, I think MyBB is pretty good at the updates. I mean, they try their best and I'm proud to be a MyBB user. Bugs will always be there, so will be the testers and fixers. This is the same MyBB which we love.