Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB 1.8.1
Well now we're once again upgraded to MyBB 1.8.1 which was released earlier today.

They fixed like 90 bugs which is nice.  Hopefully will mean a smoother transition to the new version.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Sweet. Glad to see that they're rolling out the fixes fairly quickly.
Sounds good, I actually quite like the new MyBB, setup a few forums on it now.
Are you still going to verify manually each bugs you found and search for new ones ?
Ye!, anyways after this update is there still loads of bugs/errors or have most of them been fixed?
Yay! Now to wait for most of the bugs to get fixed before I upgrade my forum. Smile
(10-23-2014, 09:18 PM)Froggy Wrote: Sweet. Glad to see that they're rolling out the fixes fairly quickly.

I'm so glad you're on this forum too, honeyboo!
Quote:Glad to see that they're rolling out the fixes fairly quickly.

Well MyBB 1.8 was released September 1 so it wasn't immediate but then again they had 74 bugs fixed and still have 94 more open. If they can hussle and get 1.8.2 out in 60 days with another 60+ bugs fixed that would be nice.

My guess is that bug fixing on 1.6x is done as they focus on 1.8 and they'll only release security updates. But 1.6x doesn't have many bugs left if any. A shame that as soon as a release is bug free they major version upgrade and start with new bugs.

Quote:Are you still going to verify manually each bugs you found and search for new ones ?

Yes, I'll continue reporting bugs in the hope they'll get fixed. I'm probably one of their better bug hunters and I even post fixes sometimes.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(10-24-2014, 08:48 AM)Omniscient Wrote:
Quote:Glad to see that they're rolling out the fixes fairly quickly.

Well MyBB 1.8 was released September 1 so it wasn't immediate but then again they had 74 bugs fixed and still have 94 more open.  If they can hussle and get 1.8.2 out in 60 days with another 60+ bugs fixed that would be nice.  

My guess is that bug fixing on 1.6x is done as they focus on 1.8 and they'll only release security updates.  But 1.6x doesn't have many bugs left if any. A shame that as soon as a release is bug free they major version upgrade and start with new bugs.

Quote:Are you still going to verify manually each bugs you found and search for new ones ?

Yes, I'll continue reporting bugs in the hope they'll get fixed.  I'm probably one of their better bug hunters and I even post fixes sometimes.

Will you wait until they release 1.8.2 (or 1.8.x) to fix all the bugs left before you start doing anything else on SF, or will you fix them all yourself, then move on with the website revival, update or not ?
A lot of bugs were fixed recently. Thanks Omniscient. Can we expect an awards system here?