Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello - I'm Robust
hi

Hello, I'm Robust. I'm 19 years old as of posting this; 12 November 1994. I like sports and that's usually where my free times goes, that or going out with some friends every so often. Hit the gym a few times a week as well.

random facts
  • I have no pets
  • I'm an experienced system administrator, specifically for 6+ years
  • I have an Android phone
  • I have experience with hosting services, technical support and related
  • I cannot stand talking to people who refuse to listen, basically 99% of people who make tickets for Minecraft hosting, for example. Having questions is encouraged imo, plain ignorance is something else
  • I've ran multiple Minecraft servers, worked as a developer and other roles at some of the top servers now
  • I know PHP, Java, and basic VB
  • I go to the gym at least twice a week, but usually more
  • I have brown eyes

system administration
Probably not what I do the most, but definitely my area of expertise. I'm a qualified system administrator, and have experience for over 5 or 6 years, I lost track. I don't really work for anyone right now in this department, but have had several jobs and contracts both online and in real life related to this. Debian is my preferred Linux distribution. CentOS is alright, but not up there. Ubuntu is pretty good if you want to use Linux at home, but I really wouldn't recommend that unless you're a huge Linux fan. BSD is usually what I use for my own servers, and obviously it's up there for big companies, and why shouldn't it be. A lot of banks use OpenBSD for example, and why not, it's secure, it's efficient. Anyway, I won't bore you too much with this.

my username
A long, long time ago I went into Steam gaming and didn't really care about a username back then. I went by the name themadman300, and this was quite a long time ago by the way. I didn't really care though, back then it wasn't really important. Later on though, as I got into internet marketing and more professional stuff I realised I'd need something more professional. Perhaps some of you can remember my thread buying a username on Hack Forums. I couldn't think of something original so I just decided to buy one, all the names I wanted were taken, specifically by closed accounts or inactive ones with one post. Anyway, in this thread I got a few nice offers but nothing was great to me. The user Diabolic approached me and came up with the username Smug, and I found it quite funny. I wanted the name but it was taken, sadly. He also came up with the name Robust, and it wasn't bad. That's what I'm known as now.

Cut the story short, thanks Diabolic.

final words
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
- Thomas Edison

You live one, live it right. Annoying when people underestimate themselves, or worship someone. Aspire to be that someone.

See you around.
Hello, and welcome Robust. Nice read to get to know ya.
Welcome to Support Forums, Robust.
hyy robust... nice to know you.
me too new to this forum
Leaders Concentrate Single-Mindedly On One Thing– The Most Important Thing, And They Stay At It Until It’s Complete.”