Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Groups
(10-13-2014, 01:07 PM)Clark Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 01:04 PM)Aura Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 12:53 PM)Clark Wrote: We don't need more groups with leaders handing out assignments. Some of us are full time students with a jobs and we just wish to be apart of a group without having some useless task shoved down our throats.

Well, the main task here however is to revive SF. So the assignements would most likely be to create content like Help Desks, tutorials, videos, etc.

Yeah helpdesks and tutorials are fine and dandy. I was talking more on the lines of random coding projects that serve no practical purpose. Even still, it should be a group effort to create helpdesks and tutorials, and not a leader's job to enforce them.

I can create them right away, I really don't mind. I'll just add the logo and tag of Geek Squad later on Tongue
I think that would be a good idea, all the groups here are dead!
[Image: 8c5TvNF.jpg]
(10-13-2014, 01:07 PM)Clark Wrote: Yeah helpdesks and tutorials are fine and dandy. I was talking more on the lines of random coding projects that serve no practical purpose. Even still, it should be a group effort to create helpdesks and tutorials, and not a leader's job to enforce them.

Since this is "support" forums, there will be support for the newbies. Our job is to help other members in need, but also increase the knowledge for the members in the group.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(10-13-2014, 02:25 PM)Snorlax Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 01:07 PM)Clark Wrote: Yeah helpdesks and tutorials are fine and dandy. I was talking more on the lines of random coding projects that serve no practical purpose. Even still, it should be a group effort to create helpdesks and tutorials, and not a leader's job to enforce them.

Since this is "support" forums, there will be support for the newbies. Our job is to help other members in need, but also increase the knowledge for the members in the group.

Yes, and as I just stated there's nothing wrong with helpdesks and tutorials. I've have one on here already. I'm just saying that we don't need groups on this site ran by power hungry members who are only here to flaunt their authority. Useless assignments and projects won't get anybody anywhere and most people don't have time for that crap anyway, however tutorials and helpdesks are definitely a worthwhile contribution.
(10-13-2014, 02:28 PM)Clark Wrote:

Yes, and as I just stated there's nothing wrong with helpdesks and tutorials. I've have one on here already. I'm just saying that we don't need groups on this site ran by power hungry members who are only here to flaunt their authority. Useless assignments and projects won't get anybody anywhere and most people don't have time for that crap anyway, however tutorials and helpdesks are definitely a worthwhile contribution.

How is one "power hungry", by creating assignments that will help out the noobies in the group? If you want to be a part of a group, you're there because you want to help or get help. If you don't want to help out or complete the assignments, you're not going to fit into a modern group.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

There is currently how many new posts a day? Is 50 to much to say, lOl?
It's premature for group in my honest opinion, they wont bring much to the site and will just be there for no reason.

Once new members start joining(or old members come back) and start posting enough we can always revisit the idea.
(10-13-2014, 02:43 PM)Snorlax Wrote:

How is one "power hungry", by creating assignments that will help out the noobies in the group? If you want to be a part of a group, you're there because you want to help or get help. If you don't want to help out or complete the assignments, you're not going to fit into a modern group.

I can help others out and not have to submit work to the leader to boost his ego.
(10-13-2014, 03:43 PM)Clark Wrote:

I can help others out and not have to submit work to the leader to boost his ego.

How is completing assignments boosting someone's ego? Really. If I were to give you an assignment, such as rearrange an array with even numbers first, odd numbers last, and in ascending order, you wouldn't do it?
How does it boost my ego? Your logic is flawed.. that is not how things work.
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

(10-13-2014, 03:50 PM)Snorlax Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 03:43 PM)Clark Wrote:
(10-13-2014, 02:25 PM)Snorlax Wrote: Since this is "support" forums, there will be support for the newbies. Our job is to help other members in need, but also increase the knowledge for the members in the group.

How is completing assignments boosting someone's ego? Really. If I were to give you an assignment, such as rearrange an array with even numbers first, odd numbers last, and in ascending order, you wouldn't do it?
How does it boost my ego? Your thinking is very wrong, dude. That is not how things work.

Okay first of all, enough with the programming references.. we get it, you're a programmer. Secondly, I am a full-time college student with a job and a life. I get asked to complete assignments of actual value regularly for my courses so you can understand why I won't bother with useless tasks from a group owner on a forum; such as the one you've described above. That doesn't mean I won't help others with their problems or questions.. it just means I won't bother with stupid demands that get me no where within a group SF. Don't tell me my "Logic is flawed" because you disagree with something I've said, that's immature. This conversation has gotten completely off topic and I apologize to the OP and everyone involved.
(10-13-2014, 04:00 PM)Clark Wrote: Okay first of all, enough with the programming references.. we get it, you're a programmer. Secondly, I am a full-time college student with a job and a life. I get asked to complete assignments of actual value regularly for my courses so you can understand why I won't bother with useless tasks from a group owner on a forum; such as the one you've described above. That doesn't mean I won't help others with their problems or questions.. it just means I won't bother with stupid demands that get me no where within a group SF. Don't tell me my "Logic is flawed" because you disagree with something I've said, that's immature. This conversation has gotten completely off topic and I apologize to the OP and everyone involved.

I said your logic is flawed because you don't understand how this works. Why would my ego be boosted because you complete an assignment I do? I'm here to help you, I'm not here to help my e-penis become bigger.
That's just my opinion Smile
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How much money do offical groups cost? JakeUS 14 2,549 11-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Secure.
  New Groups Added Omniscient 31 4,753 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Prince
  The Creation of New Groups (We Need More Please) Resistance 22 3,967 05-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Last Post: iMario
  Official groups and Non Official groups AceInfinity 25 5,087 04-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Fragma
  Suggestion: User Groups Deadmau5 9 2,210 01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Omniscient