Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Support Forums For Sale?
(10-09-2014, 09:42 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Not sure what I'll start to add first though. Any ideas?

Well, I have a few ideas for the Computing area, but it depends on where you want to start. Start on reworking SF to make it look more attractive or work on getting members to register here and use the website ?

I can post a thread with my ideas for the Computing area if you want.
(10-09-2014, 09:42 PM)Omniscient Wrote: Not sure what I'll start to add first though. Any ideas?
A few things.

Whenever I'm on Android, I receive a notification to use the Forum Runner app. Maybe disable it entirely? I don't know if you still plan on using Forum Runner for anything.

Allow people to purchase groups and possibly allow connections to and from HF, unless you plan on keeping Support Forums and Hack Forums totally separate entities (no partnerships, seconds forums, etc.) I think it would be a good idea to do so; it would inspire discussion of a higher quality and allow groups to have some interesting functions or events here.

Move the PHP and Database Programming forums under the Webmaster Support tab. This is a debatable topic because they're coding languages first, web related second.

Group some of the Life Support subforums under general parent forums (Emotional Support, Pets and Animals, Healthy Living and Lifestyle, and possibly Academic, School, and Homework Help could be moved under one forum.)
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
(10-10-2014, 07:54 AM)D3xus Wrote:
A few things.

Whenever I'm on Android, I receive a notification to use the Forum Runner app. Maybe disable it entirely? I don't know if you still plan on using Forum Runner for anything.

Allow people to purchase groups and possibly allow connections to and from HF, unless you plan on keeping Support Forums and Hack Forums totally separate entities (no partnerships, seconds forums, etc.) I think it would be a good idea to do so; it would inspire discussion of a higher quality and allow groups to have some interesting functions or events here.

Move the PHP and Database Programming forums under the Webmaster Support tab. This is a debatable topic because they're coding languages first, web related second.

Group some of the Life Support subforums under general parent forums (Emotional Support, Pets and Animals, Healthy Living and Lifestyle, and possibly Academic, School, and Homework Help could be moved under one forum.)

I support all these suggestions, mainly the Forum Runner app, as I kept receiving that notification when going on SF on my Nexus 5 yesterday.
-> Remove these:

"
ICQ Number:
AIM Screen Name:
Yahoo ID:
MSN ID:"

-> Maybe add custom Forum icons in each section.

-> Maybe add an award/icon for people who were registered before the new upcoming changes.

-> Remove the Language box hence there is only one language set.

-> Add the "View your posts" in the header.

-> Remove this because it's pretty much useless and no one ever uses it.

"View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this thread"

-> Maybe remove the empty box's that is next to the normal thread/important thread icon in subforums.

-> Update the Help Documents.
Also, I can smell mass gravedigging incoming. Wouldn't it be better to just lock all the current threads (leave them be, for archive) so new members will create new content for the revival of SF?
(10-10-2014, 09:58 AM)Aura Wrote: Also, I can smell mass gravedigging incoming. Wouldn't it be better to just lock all the current threads (leave them be, for archive) so new members will create new content for the revival of SF?

I can't emphasize this enough, everything before this year needs to be locked to prevent the useless posts and spam from the award seekers.
That's a decision only Omni can make. Send him a message or just wait and see.
[Image: QRCjW2pNdRK00.gif]
#Korra2018
Agree with the ForumRunner thing.

Temporary disable the possibly related threads thing. It's heavily outdated and whilst I think it'd be suitable if there were active threads going on, with it being a support forum and all, I think it's more suitable for when there are active discussions on broadly the same topic. I'd probably like this on when posting a thread too, perhaps it looks for certain keywords and shows suggested threads to avoid spamming the same question again potentially. But again, better for later?

A new theme would be excellent. I don't think this one is too suitable, and not the best colour on the eye either. I think more of a light theme might be suited? Not a hundred percent sure though.

Disable the forum jump and stuff.

Maybe delete some sections and move their posts, at the moment it's not really suitable to have a lot of sections and little content in my opinion, but I don't really know. I think it'd look nicer with less active forums, than more inactive forums.

Remove the AIM and random contacts in UserCP and profiles, waste of space and totally annoying. Half of those contact methods aren't even used, I mean who even uses ICQ now?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it Okay to use support-forums if you're banned from Hackforums? Paramore 8 1,830 09-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Last Post: rattlesnakeā„¢
  How to Pick Up Support Forums? Metapod 5 1,556 06-20-2012, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Support Forums - Activity Diabolic 76 14,852 06-03-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  [Release] Support Forums Special Header Links D3xus 41 7,801 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Last Post: D3xus
  Support Forums Video Peter L 4 1,277 01-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Last Post: AceInfinity