Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xbox 360 No power
*I'm not sure that this is the right part of the forum or the right forum at all, I hope that it is, but sorry if I'm wrong Smile*
Hi, this is my first post in this forum, so sorry if I mess something up.
I bought this faulty Xenon console a few days ago and I think that I am going to need some help with it. The console doesn't eve turn on. When I press the power on button absolutely nothing happens. The only thing that I've noticed happen after puging the power cord in, is that the ANA chip and a mosfet on it's right side start getting really hot (burning hot) espetially the mosfet. The light on the power supply stays oragne no matter what, so I decided to use a two molex to xbox 360 power plug cable that I made some time ago. The power supply turned it self off the moment I pugled the cable in the 360. I will post picture bellow. I forgot my phone's charger whille travelling so I'll get a photo from the internet and mark the transitor with red. This is what it says on the transistor (in that order, one over the other):
L1117
6k1mgb25
I got a datasheet from the internet, but I am not sure about the imput voltage that it's getting from the 360 while in stand by mode. I tested the mosfet with a multimeater and found out that the ground and bottom pin are connected. I also tested a mosfet arround the HANA chip on a falcon and the pins there were also briged (the voltages I got on the falcon were lower, but i think that that is normal, because the mosfet was different and it was a falcon)
Is there any way to determine whether the problem is in the ANA chip or in the mosfet? The 360 been previously repaired (it probably had a RRoD), because there is hot glue arround the gpu and cpu. I think that the repair was professionally done, because there was no warping to the board.
I read online that this problem can be caused by missing conponents arround the AV port, but I didn't see anything like that. I also read that It could be a bad NAND flash, but I also don't find any jtag/rgh/r-jtag or any NAND read attempts. So if it has a bad NAND flash it was probably, because of an update.
The console had a penny trick and an x-clamp replecment done (I'm not sure why).
Any help, suggestions and ideas are welcome and appreciated! Smile
[Image: lpidxRw.jpg?1?8157]

*Edit*
I did some research and found out that the mosfet that I was talking about is actually a stabilizer. I tested it with a multimeter and the input voltage was 4V and the output was 0.9/1V! The stabilizer is rated at 5V input and 1.8V output so I desoldered it and connected it to the 5V rail on a molex on my computer and it gave me 1.8V output. When I tested the input on the board without the stabilizer the input was 5V. The ANA chip also wasn't getting so hot (it was still warm, but the HANA on my falcons is also a bit warm when in standby, so I think that this is normal). I soldered it back to the board and the input voltage dropped again to 4V, so I desoldered only the output pin and then something very strange happened the input dropped to 3.8V and the output to 0.1V. I also desoldered the coils to test the mosfets near the power plug following these two tutorials. ht7tp://www.360-hq.7com/xbox-tutorials-176.html
ht7tp://forums.xbox-experts.7com/viewtopic.php?t=538
I am going to try to find the same stabilizer at a local shop tomorrow and report back to tell you if there is any change to the board.
*Remove the 7s in the "http" and ".7com" parts of the links, the site won't let me post more than 2 links, because I have under 10 posts.
Dud, this forum is basically empty. Don't know the point of posting.

MATEE.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xbox Customer Service Number|+1-800-382-3046|Xbox Support Number AllHelplineNumber 0 409 06-10-2019, 02:53 AM
Last Post: AllHelplineNumber
  Power Deprivation Solidify 2 641 11-13-2010, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Solidify
  The "Peregrine" User Customizable Power Glove caspur 6 892 06-09-2010, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Cannabis
  New Power Supply Austneal 12 1,290 02-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Austneal
  Quick help...How much power do i need? 4u111 5 961 12-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Last Post: 4u111