Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop Motherboard Issue!
i have a dell inspiron m5030 laptop. when i boot it up, there's a blank screen, and beeps. 7 beeps to be exact, indicating that there's motherboard failure. i read a fix on dell's website, quoted as follows:

Quote:I was having the same issue with mine for a month, tried contacting Dell, nothing. For anyone still having this problem or for anyone who has just started having this problem, here's what I did. I tried an old Xbox 360 trick, I wrapped the laptop in a comforter, making sure to cover any air inlets on the laptop. I pressed power and let it run in the blanket for ten minutes. After that I let it cool, and did it again for fifteen minutes. I let it cool completely, then tried booting it up and it worked! Mine runs without any hiccups now. Also when I did the blanket, I disconnected the laptop's speakers so it wouldn't drive me insane.

i did this fix, and it worked! but now everytime i shut down my laptop afterwards, i have to do this fix to hop on. anyone have any suggestions for more of a long term fix?

thanks in advance.
UPDATE:

this is a common problem that many people have had (same model). because it's a defect in the model's hardware or assembly or something. not sure. but either way, even though my laptop is out of warranty, dell's going to fix it, because it's their fault. Big Grin lucky me.

so if you're having the same problem with the same model, don't waste money and try fixing it yourself! just contact dell and they'll fix it for you!
1. Firstly Try Changing Your RAM. Borrow A RAM From Your Friend & Try It. Sometimes This Problem Is Caused By RAM Also.

2. Secondly If The RAM Changing Din't Help Then The Motherboard Has Gone Bad. If You Are In Warranty Contact DELL Support & Ask For A Replacement. They Will Make You Troubleshoot Everything & Give You The Replacement Of The Motherboard.

3. If You Are Not In Warranty. Call Customer Support & Ask Them That You Want To Buy NBD(Next Business Day) Warranty. They Will Explain You Everything. Hope This Helps.