Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Suggestion - A forum, especially for females.
Hello folks.

Here is another suggestion for an additional forum here at Support Forums.

As you can see, it is radically different from my last suggestion for a forum,
for Martial Arts which didn't really gain any support.

I believe that this may be a good idea because of the following reasons:

I have noticed that most forums that I have been to, relating to computing in general,
have tended to be male dominated, with the occasional female posting a thread here and there.

It would be cool to have more female memvbers here imo.

It could provide a place where females could discuss matters, possibly uninteresting to many men,
where they could exchange tips on subjects such as: hair and beauty, fashion, cookery, or economy and thrift for around the home,
and how to stretch the budget for the more financially restricted members, or celebrity gossip or relationships, for example, and so on.

It could also possibly provide a meeting place for like-minded females, who may consider that their partners spend far too long online,
for example when they could be helping out more around the home. I wonder if this may sound a little familiar to some...;)
In a multi-PC based home for example, some couples may sometimes spend some time online, at the same time,
but sitting in different rooms, but they could possibly be logged in to Support Forums at the same time if such a forum was created.

Another possible consideration, could be that if such a forum was created and became quite popular,
then there could possibly be sub-forums dedicated to Beauty, Fashion , Cookery,
Economy and Thrift, Celebrity Gossip or Relationships etc, if it was succerssful
and a lot of new female members registered.

If it was successful and generated a lot of new web traffic, then maybe
it may be possible that certain companies who make products for females,
would pay for some advertisng at this site, if that was acceptable regarding the displaying of advertising banners for products here.

Also, it could maybe include a section, possibly private, subscribers only perhaps where females could discuss personal matters even problems
that they may be experiencing in their lives, some of which may be quite serious, if for example
they are living with or being mistreated by an abusive partner.

Whereas not many members here may find this a good idea, it may be possible that many females
around the world could find it appealing, and who may already be spending some time
online, in chat rooms or on instant messaging applications, discussing these types of matters
in their thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions, I don't know for sure, but feel it's possible.

The point of this suggestion is obviously not for my benefit, or for most members here,
but I feel that Support Forums itself may benefit from providing a service such as this,
because it is possible that a lot of females might find this quite appealing, and it may also be possible
that quite a few of them would be prepared to pay a certain amount for this type of service.
If many members here and elsewhere, are prepared to happily pay for l33t membership for example,
then why shouldn't some females, also happily pay, to be a part of a community that they consider to be helpful and worthwhile?

Thanks for the consideration of this suggestion.
[Image: SF1d.gif]

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance - Confucius
------------------------------------------------------------------
You have just made my day!!!!!!! thank you very much! for this suggestion.
You have no idea how many times I get flamed on how many sites because of this!
it is absolutely pathetic how we are treated on the net.
i really hope this goes through.
I'm against this. Not because I'm a sexist pig ;)

But because it would not gain much activity. At least right now. How many females are there? I believe Omni generally reserves creating child boards for anything until there are at least 100 threads about that topic. Not SPAM'd threads either.

This would be horribly empty.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
Do you really think it would be worth it? How many females are on "Supportoforums?"

Anyways i didn't even read your full post. To long, try summorizing. It seemed boring, thats why theres only 2 replys... Sad
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
I for one am a female and don't think having a forums for female is bad and there are peobably a few females here.
(11-11-2009, 10:47 AM)jodi Wrote: I for one am a female and don't think having a forums for female is bad and there are peobably a few females here.

I stand corrected, but may i ask. Why are you here?
[Image: wwsigcopy.jpg]
i am here cause omni invited me too join.
I am here cause I like the site and feel like i am contributing too it and hope too do more.
Isn't this a bit sexist don't you think?

I like the idea tho, it just means getting more females here.
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
I don't think so cause of the way we are flamed and treated on some sites which I wont say here and being told things like we can't be female since we know how to use a computer.
This only works on smaller forums.
[Image: 531hf7.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestion for this forum Launcher 3 680 07-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Sam
  [suggestion] Fashion forum Psychosis 27 5,797 03-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Peter L
  [Suggestion] General Software forum Codad Law 15 3,487 03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Codad Law
  Suggestion]HF Award [Suggestion lil weezy baby 20 5,476 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Solidus