Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support Feather Award
Quote:Hey Sam. It's great to see you again. Yes, we can set up an evaluation process Victoire. But what we mainly need is a community which will come here to stay rather than making quality posts, receive the award and bade us farewell.

You have seen the situation the moment Omniscient declared that the award wouldn't be given out.

The forum turned into a graveyard in an instant.

Indeed it did ;) I agree upping the limit but with more activity = more members. The last time this palce was active was a few years ago, a whole new breed of HF members exist who have probably never heard of SF, there's a lot of quality groups and members than I can see helping to make this site great again.

Let's just control the quality from Day 1. I've been trying to persuade Omniscient these past few months to re-open the award or perhaps a HF PM blast or something, good to see he's investing time to getting this place up again.

I'll always be here, 2009 and still strong ;) Good to see you again too.
I can assure you I am not here strictly for the award. I want to see this forum become active.
No. I think awards are getting too obtainable.
PM me for private, confidential support.
Yes, you most definitely should. This forum is nearly dead.
(07-11-2013, 06:46 AM)Sam Wrote: Indeed it did ;) I agree upping the limit but with more activity = more members. The last time this palce was active was a few years ago, a whole new breed of HF members exist who have probably never heard of SF, there's a lot of quality groups and members than I can see helping to make this site great again.

Let's just control the quality from Day 1. I've been trying to persuade Omniscient these past few months to re-open the award or perhaps a HF PM blast or something, good to see he's investing time to getting this place up again.

I'll always be here, 2009 and still strong ;) Good to see you again too.

Sam.. a 400k PM blast would take a lot of resources from the server :O
Although Omni could put some requirements before sending out the mass PM such as 50 posts requirement on HF to get that PM.

Or... he could place an announcement notice in the header.
You definitely should, site needs be resurrected. I'd recommend not having it up for way too long though.
Make it a week maximum, possibly less. That's plenty of time on the internet.
I think I'll raise it to 250. I also feel I need to move the site to better hosting as the shared hosting it's on isn't exactly reliable. We do okay but okay is not acceptable when you're trying to boost into 400-500k posts.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(07-17-2013, 10:59 AM)Omniscient Wrote: I think I'll raise it to 250. I also feel I need to move the site to better hosting as the shared hosting it's on isn't exactly reliable. We do okay but okay is not acceptable when you're trying to boost into 400-500k posts.

That'd be good, glad to see you're still interested in the site. Oui
Awesome Omni! Can't wait for this.
Announce it ASAP! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bring back the feather! xadamxk 0 1,005 04-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Last Post: xadamxk
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 25,788 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,215 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,789 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,544 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity