Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIPS!! how to clean a Virus-Infected Computer
InstructionsThumbsup

Things You'll Need:
* Anti-virus Software

Step 1

As soon as you suspect that your computer has a virus, remove your computer from any networks it might be on, as well as from the Internet, so that you don't inadvertently spread the bug to others. Unplug your network cable if you have to.

Step 2

If you have virus-scanning (anti-virus) software installed, run it.

Step 3

If you don't have anti-virus software, you'll need to obtain some. If you can't get it from a network administrator or download it from an uninfected computer, you can mail-order it from a retailer.

Step 4

Start your computer (still not connected to a network) and follow the instructions that came with the anti-virus software.

Step 5

Keep running the virus-scanning software until your computer comes up clean.

Step 6

Reconnect your computer to the Internet and check with the anti-virus software's publisher to make sure you have the latest updates. If not, download them now.

Step 7

After updating the anti-virus software, run it again until your computer comes up clean.

Tips & Warnings
Thumbsup
There's no substitute for prevention. Good anti-virus software more than pays for itself as long as you keep it up-to-date.
Thumbsup
Common sense also goes a long way toward keeping your computer clean. Never open an attachment from someone you don't know, and be suspicious of odd attachments from people you do know (a virus may have mailed itself to you from their computer).

how this help you YeyeYeye
If you want to keep your computer safe I think you should add more than just an AV. Here are somethings you might need to have:

1. AV
  2. Firewall
  3. Anti-Malware
  4. Anti-Spyware
  5. Anti-Adware

You did a pretty good job, but one thing is that you will need more than a Antivirus to maintain your computer clean Smile
[Image: mynewsig.jpg]

Want to know how to stop offline Phisher for good, well click here
Can somebody please tell me what is the use of firewall?
And which is the best Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware and Anti-Adware?
[Image: awilfmasig.png]

Welcome back, awil. You last visited: 07-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Current time: 09-30-2012, 05:52 PM
(11-10-2009, 11:13 PM)awil Wrote: Can somebody please tell me what is the use of firewall?
And which is the best Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware and Anti-Adware?

What is a firewall<--- This will give you a lot more information about the use of a firewall.

I personally use Malwarebytes' Anti-malware, Ad-Adware, ZoneAlarm, and ESET Node32. So far my computer has no problem
[Image: mynewsig.jpg]

Want to know how to stop offline Phisher for good, well click here
i have" spyware realtime spy " .any ideas for the best anti-spyware remover?
thanx
Give credits next time

http://www.ehow.com/how_113706_clean-vir...ected.html
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Copy paste. :x
Thanks anyway.
<3 Support forums.
[Image: 2m5nh9k.png]
Hey, ginoside021.

This isn't really a comprehensive guide. You need to include information about anti-malware applications, firewalls, and Registry cleaning. There's a lot more you could add to this.

Thanks,
Malware Boss
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
This is a very common guide. I think most people know about using an anti-virus for cleaning a virus infected computer. Thanks for your time and contribution though!
Thanks for tips very usefull

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  link getting redirected ? virus ? prince76 25 10,809 07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ven0m
  Clean the Address Bar, Protect Your Privacy GEOTECHSUPPORT 3 1,476 03-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Existence
  [GUIDE] How to keep your PC safely - Tips to determine a legitimate file [TIPS] Vexna 14 4,606 03-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Vexna
  [TUT] How to tell if you're infected, and what to do N3w_2_H@Ck1n™ 61 21,313 02-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Last Post: 6+9=♋
  What Anti-Virus do you guys use? 0 554 12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™