Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, changing my degree path
I've decided to change my degree from Computer and Information Science to Accounting. Why? Well, IT in the US is WAY oversaturated, and people are starting to realize you can hire "Joe" from India fro 1/4 the price. So, I looked at the degrees my college offers that I'll be able to complete online and decided accounting would be the best thing in line with my strong points. I mean, seriously, 6 figures to add and subtract? And you get to use a calculator?
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
That is so true here in the US.
IT is getting so bad here most of the time you call a tech and all they tell is put your computer back too a earlier time and that will fix it.
what is that? That's not being a so called tech!
That's probably a good idea. Smile

I'm going to college next year. I'm thinking of majoring in Business and minoring in Computer Science, or something along those lines.

Would that be a good move for me? I'd like some advice.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

(11-11-2009, 05:55 AM)jodi Wrote: That is so true here in the US.
IT is getting so bad here most of the time you call a tech and all they tell is put your computer back too a earlier time and that will fix it.
what is that? That's not being a so called tech!

That has nothing to do with IT being oversaturated.....

MreGSX, it really depends on what you want to do with your life. I don't know what your plans are. But, my plans are to make enough to buy some land, live nicely, and not have to worry about being blown up. I can't do that with IT salaries being driven down by the large amount of people trying to work in the industry or being in the army lol. However, I can doing accounting.
Good luck going too college and I really hope things will work out for you.
Eh *shrug*. They will. Plus, my college is free so it doesn't matter.