Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***GreasyPalm***

GreasyPalm

Click here for site.

~Cashback Site - What is it? ~

There are so many websites out there selling similar things and each website wants your custom. An easy way to do this is to reward other websites that advertise their company on their website or 'direct traffic'. I'm sure we have all done it, seen an ad on one website for another and clicked through instead of typing in www......
Often when you go on to buy something from above store the website that directed you will get a small reward payment with the customer receiving nothing. Cashback websites give you the customer money back, some will give you it all and charge you a yearly admin fee, some will give you a percentage, some will charge you to cash out (they have to survive as well).

Greasy Palm was the first 'cashback' site I ever used and had ever heard of. It seemed like a good idea to get more out of my internet shopping. There are many others out there (possibly with better payout) but this is one I trust and find easy to use.

~The Website~

When you have registered and logged in (same pretence as other websites), you will see your home page. This home page will tell you how much in total you have earned in cash back (not just what is due to be paid, past and future payments as well). It shows you the next payment run and a link to find out if you are in it, this will take you to a page which will tell you if you should expect any money.

You have a to do list, which might be extra special offers, something amazing, at the moment it is "Get £12.50 Cash back from a £5 spend". It will also show you anyone who has upped their cash back.
On the left 'Ernie' the site mascot has a list of Coupons, Daily Cash back, Easy Money, freebies and other bits you can click on to see what is happening today.
Also on the left your account info can be found along with category's of shops which you can browse, at the top of the page there is a search box if you are looking for a specific shop of service.
On the right you have exclusive deals, these include getting £50 when you sign up to home insurance, or £40 cash back from British Gas to change to them. Underneath New retailers who have joined up to Greasy Palm and top earners in the month.

This is pretty much all you need. The other tool you can use is the 'rebate catcher' I have done it a million times when I have not clicked through Greasy Palm, which means there is no record of my purchase through them, and you cannot claim it afterwards and no extra money is saved. The rebate catcher is a tool which is installed in your computer to 'catch' any rebates when you haven't gone through Greasy Palm.

~Best Deals~
The best way to earn lots of money by getting cash back is to swap utilities, get new home insurance, get a new bank account, all things which are quite major. You need to make sure you will be saving money, for instance, there is no use swapping from a 'free' bank account for £40 cash back when you will be charged £10 per month and you must keep it for a minimum of 12 months. False Economy.

The best way to get the most out of this and other similar websites is to daily click. You may get 1/2p for a click into Kelkoo everyday - it won't make you a millionaire, but it adds up. Personally I always forget! Gambling through the website can make you a decent amount of cash. It must be said though that we are trying to get money out of the websites, rather than they out of us, so I would avoid this if you may have a gambling addiction. If you can walk away a few pounds up and be happy with it, then give it a go. For instance, one website was offering £20 cash back for you to sign up and deposit £10. So even if I lose my £10 on horses or slots, I will have 'made' £10. I made about £50 on one website and lost on about 5 websites, but the cash back was all profit.

~Downsides~

The downside to this especially when you are paying out money like the gambling sites is that Greasy Palm only pay out once a month, and paid out 30 days after you have £25 in your Greasy Palm account, so you may wait up to 6 weeks to be paid. Not great if that was your last tenner!

~Upsides~

It is like saving money, for example, I bought some flowers for my Gran, they were £17.99. I found a voucher online for 10% off. So I went to the website, through Greasy Palm, added the voucher code, it was just over £15, the cash back I got in my Greasy Palm account was 6.75% of my purchase, so I saved a few pounds being a bit sly!

When I first started using Greasy Palm, I only used it for percentages of things I bought so it mounted up very slowly, then for one reason or another I didn't use it for quite some time. I went back to it and had a free two week trial with Love film (£10 Cash back) another with Blockbuster (£10) a few gambling websites, (with more return than I put in) and I made it up to £70, this took time to pay out, but eventually did, so I did a few more things and hey presto on my front page I see I have earned a total of £170, not bad for a bit of nothing! On each offer members are allowed to comment on how quickly they got their cash back and whether it was easy to do, which is great, all of the deals work, but you may have to wait 3 weeks before the cash back gets credited to your account, other times it may be instantaneous, these comments really help you decide whether it is too much bother to be worth it.

~The Verdict~

Showing your total cash back on the front page shows you how much in total you have gained from them which is a good booster to keep using them. Even if you only use this once to change bank account or swap utilities or home insurance (providing it is the cheapest and the best!), it is well worth having an account to check on free trials you can have that will pay you! I have received 3 payments from them so far, exactly when they said they would pay. They have a good support system which if your 'order' goes missing, give them all the information and they will track it down from the retailers for you if you are missing cash back, this doesn't happen very often, but it is worth noting down what you were expecting. It also has a reminders list where you can note this down and keep it in case your cash back doesn't come through.
All in all a brilliant site, it can be a little cluttered, but once you know your way around, it is very easy to navigate. Probably not a site to look for new cash back opportunities every day, but maybe once a month and you will find new things on there

Few Testimonials:

"GreasyPalm is an excellent site, and has made online shopping far better value. An excellent idea that has paid off for me. Who needs the highstreet!"

" I have been using GreasyPalm for some time now and I have seen it improve. It is a great way to earn some extra cash on the internet doing things that you would be doing anyway.
I would recommend it to anyone."

"I've only been a member of this site for a few weeks, but I can't help myself from daily checking the site, to see what new offers there are, and anytime I shop online the first site of go to, is of course, GreasyPalm." [/i]
It looks like a scam.... at the front page,there is no faq page and Total members' cashback so far keeps adding up every second That's bullshit.
[Image: 9lcsqd.jpg]
its legit trust me.
Code:
© Copyright 2003-2009 Submission Technology Ltd Registered in England No. 4456811 All rights reserved.
Registered under the Data Protection Act. Registration No. Z7981900