Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I am a noob seeking advice.
I am trying to narrow my field of my IT degree, I am currently a sophomore in college, and I am still not set on what I want to do with my degree. A little back-story on me: I am a gamer first, and a pc nerd second. I enjoy playing video games, and attempting to hack, exploit etc.

My skills as of today: I can build pc's inside and out all day everyday, that is not a problem and I enjoy doing that. I do not know what kind of degree I would want if I focused on this.
I have minor experience in web design and game programming (Python I believe) but this was all through a tutorial/walk-through and did not have very much explanation on how to venture out on my own.

I live in a rural city in the middle of the US, so most gaming industries are out of my reach, growing up my dream was to be a video game tester (not the easy play video games all day job, the serious testing and finding exploits) and then move on to game programming.
The problem with this is, I can not move to a state that has these companies for personal reasons.

My goal for this post: Trying to get suggestions on a degree, field of work, or any other help with trying to find a job in the IT field that is widely accepted, but does not take a absolute amazing nerd to do.
I have lately been doing a lot of research on web based game development, but I have not found a lot of resources from colleges on what classes I would need for this.

More or less, and help and input from you all would be greatly appreciated. I am open to most anything in the IT field, and am willing to learn. If you have a suggestion, please provide a brief description of what the job would intale, along with the daily work it would involve.

Thanks very much,

Dewey
Computer Forensics can be a good degree. [As you have mentioned Nerd]

Welcome to the Support Forums.
[Image: vXjuE.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A new NOOB MrRootEssence 2 360 07-20-2011, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Patrick
  Haha im a noob again SadHappyFace 5 524 04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Awesome
  Well,I Not Really A Noob.......(Tousie) Tousie 3 346 10-11-2009, 11:57 PM