Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is better?
(01-27-2012, 09:54 PM)USD Wrote: If you plan on making alot of programs than you should download C# C++.

I'm glad there's LQP'ers for the feather award like you which allow me to make use of the report button. If you keep spamming like this it should be worth mentioning to you that you're not going to get the feather award, but you'll also end up being banned here on SF.
Visual basic is better, easier to use, but easily abused and copyed.
(02-04-2012, 09:41 PM)Warp 1.9 Wrote: Visual basic is better, easier to use, but easily abused and copyed.

How is it better? Or even easier to use? Or abused and copied? Any source can be copied. Your logic makes no sense, and honestly it seems you are just spamming. Have you even read the previous page?

(02-04-2012, 09:44 PM)RDCA Wrote: How is it better? Or even easier to use? Or abused and copied? Any source can be copied. Your logic makes no sense, and honestly it seems you are just spamming. Have you even read the previous page?

Anyone can answer the question for why it's easier to use lol. That much can go without questions asked. Smile

It's abused/copied because of how easy it is, it attracts all the beginner programmers out there, and furthermore, to make their task of being a "programmer" easier, lots just ask questions, get you to paste out code for them, and they copy it over, if they have troubles with doing that, they come back and tell you it's not working to get more information from you on how to make your code work for them. I have seen it happen all the time.

Better though? Not so sure. I can't say i'd agree with that.
(02-04-2012, 09:48 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: Anyone can answer the question for why it's easier to use lol. That much can go without questions asked. Smile

It's abused/copied because of how easy it is, it attracts all the beginner programmers out there, and furthermore, to make their task of being a "programmer" easier, lots just ask questions, get you to paste out code for them, and they copy it over, if they have troubles with doing that, they come back and tell you it's not working to get more information from you on how to make your code work for them. I have seen it happen all the time.

Better though? Not so sure. I can't say i'd agree with that.

Lol you took my comment to srsly. I mean that the guy I quoted is trying to get easy posts that technically don't break any rules, but is still very LQ.

Also you see that in every language, it's just that there is a unspoken road in which a lot of newer programmers follow. Though this is not true for everyone. So the further the road goes the less people that are just C+Pin. But if you look around every language has them.
And there is so much open source there so so much less originality, i mean i have coding skills next to none but hell i can make DVD burning software, and then edit it to my liking, its so easy to use and understand.
(02-04-2012, 09:53 PM)RDCA Wrote: Lol you took my comment to srsly. I mean that the guy I quoted is trying to get easy posts that technically don't break any rules, but is still very LQ.

Also you see that in every language, it's just that there is a unspoken road in which a lot of newer programmers follow. Though this is not true for everyone. So the further the road goes the less people that are just C+Pin. But if you look around every language has them.

I take every comment seriously and apply my replies to anything lol. You can never tell when someone is being sarcastic and be 100% sure at the same time. Unless they provide you with some kind of emoticon that guarantees the person seeing it knows.

I know he's trying to get posts though, he's been posting everywhere lately, and his post quality seems to go down and up.

Yeah, every language will have C&P people.

(02-04-2012, 09:53 PM)Warp 1.9 Wrote: And there is so much open source there so so much less originality, i mean i have coding skills next to none but hell i can make DVD burning software, and then edit it to my liking, its so easy to use and understand.

You mean you can copy and paste and compile burning software. If you have coding skills next to none I don't see you doing it on your own, or understanding it.
(02-04-2012, 09:59 PM)AceInfinity Wrote: I take every comment seriously and apply my replies to anything lol. You can never tell when someone is being sarcastic and be 100% sure at the same time. Unless they provide you with some kind of emoticon that guarantees the person seeing it knows.

I know he's trying to get posts though, he's been posting everywhere lately, and his post quality seems to go down and up.

Yeah, every language will have C&P people.

(02-04-2012, 09:53 PM)Warp 1.9 Wrote: And there is so much open source there so so much less originality, i mean i have coding skills next to none but hell i can make DVD burning software, and then edit it to my liking, its so easy to use and understand.

You mean you can copy and paste and compile burning software. If you have coding skills next to none I don't see you doing it on your own, or understanding it.
i AM trying to get post's but i am generally interested in these topic's, and im not being sarcastic these are my opinions.

That's what i mean, if i wanted to i could just find a nice open sourced program in VB, copy it, change the look and BAM its mine. its stupid, no way to learn. i wouldnt understand how any of the functions work and how to edit or add features and i wouldnt learn anything, but its a powerfull language if you have experience in it. but if i was going to code id learn C++ myself. (Or java, i like java)
Hello!

I starting programming in VB.NET and then switched to C#

If you are a beginner in programming then I suggest you start off with VB.NET and then when you think you have learnt a lot then switch to C#. I found C# to be more powerful (but harder) than VB.NET and I got the hang of it pretty quickly.

Once upon a time, I was making the switch from VB.NET to C++ and I started programming in C++ and found it to be very difficult. That's why I switched to C# instead. Check out my current project in C#: http://zeraib.blogspot.com/

Even though this thread was posted long ago, I wanted to say this for others that would be in the same struggle. Plus, I would love to here where you are up to now.