Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the ipod touch worth it?
Oh yeah, it's not on my priority list but I've always thought they were pretty cool, I guess Christmas is coming up. Hehe
Robert Picard
http://www.rpicard.net
Well good luck on that!
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
I've got a 16GB, I think it's great. I'd get an iPhone if they weren't so sodding expensive on Pay as you Go but the Touch is cool. I'd only really want the iPhone for the 3G anyway.
MyBB Support Team Lead
I have a 16gb one. It's jailbroken and I love it. I want an iphone but dont fancy going on contract yet.
Thinking of purchasing it soon but is it really a good idea to jailbreak it?
It'll void the warranty :/
(10-05-2009, 02:44 AM)SMITHY558 Wrote: I have a 16gb one. It's jailbroken and I love it. I want an iphone but dont fancy going on contract yet.

Yeah I didn't want to go on contract either.

Jailbreak it if you know what you're doing, or know someone who does, otherwise you'll just be shooting yourself in the foot :p A friend of mine jailbroke his, fudged it up, Apple wouldn't do anything about it so now it sits in his drawer.
MyBB Support Team Lead
(10-05-2009, 05:52 AM)B22stard Wrote: Thinking of purchasing it soon but is it really a good idea to jailbreak it?
It'll void the warranty :/

If you're not reckless, it's fine if it's got no warranty. Also, the cool thing about jailbreaking is that it allows you to get the full experience of the OS. You can have a terminal app and even install irssi to it. It also uses the same apt front end as debian and uses .deb packages. So it's basically a little Linux machine Big Grin.
If you have any problems with the forum, feel free to email me via the User CP, or send me a Private Message.
The iPod touch is definitely worth it. I made the purchase like 3 months ago. I got it at Costcos, there is a 90 day return policy and a 2 year warranty if you get it at Costcos. If you get it at an Apple store there is only a 30 day return policy and a 1 year warranty. I jailbroke my iPod Touch and it was awesome, it was quick and easy. I was done in a few minutes. Just search up on youtube how to jailbreak your iPod Touch.
[Image: 29ol3br.png]
Totally, I was given a 32 GB Ipod touch for my birthday and I love it! Totally worth it and it works without any slowdowns/lag.
(10-05-2009, 02:38 PM)St0rmW1nd Wrote: Totally, I was given a 32 GB Ipod touch for my birthday and I love it! Totally worth it and it works without any slowdowns/lag.

Until you jailbreak it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are Apple's computers worth it Gοd 51 16,719 03-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Candyshop
  TUT-How to Semi-Tether jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 for iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G,3G OFWGKTΔ 2 2,539 12-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Last Post: OFWGKTΔ
  iPod Touch Speaker Not Working? Professor Oak 3 8,419 12-19-2011, 07:09 AM
  Where are .debs installed? [iPod touch 2G.] Grin 3 1,160 12-19-2011, 07:05 AM
  I need some good iPod Touch games. ♱ RedTube ♱ 58 15,678 09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Last Post: D3xus