Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What am I going to do with my life?
I'm just so confused. Recently this has just been on my mind and scaring me. My brother seems to have his entire career planned out, from his senior year to 2 colleges and then going into a programming field. It also seems like everyone around me seems like they know exactly what they want to do. I don't even have a clue, and I can't even enjoy being a kid for my last few months knowing eventually if I don't do something that I'm not going to have a happy life. The closest thing to knowing what I want to do in life is knowing that I want to work with computers somehow, but that's it. Does anyone have any sort of guidance or advice on how to help myself decide on where I'd like to go in my life?
Ok.
I know how you feel. I felt like this a while back.

First just calm down, grab a can of Pepsi or something and think.
'What am i good at? What do i enjoy? What will keep me going?' Those are the questions that you should be asking yourself.
You say you want to work with computers?
What are you best at with a computer? Do you have experience in building them? Are you good at Graphics? Are good at coding?
The first thing is to find something you enjoy. Its obvious that you enjoy being at your computer so find something on your computer that you can use as a career. There is a lot of business for web-design at the moment. Are you any good at that?
If you found what you enjoy then think of a job that involves that. You could work as a graphical artist? Maybe get a job in photo-enhancements. Anything is possible in this world.

Just think to yourself 'What can i do?' Then work on that. If you can do something then you can do anything.
But remember there is always time to decide. If you cant think of anything now then hone your skills in the area you think your good at then continue from there.

Hope i helped. ;)

~Scoots
Enjoy your life. Go with what you really wish.
Hi Chronos,

My advice to you would be to find out what you enjoy doing and then go about seeing how you can get into that career. The important thing though is that it is something YOU want to do, not what your parents, teachers or friends think you should do but what YOU want to do. Don’t think you need to rush in to this decision either, take your time try something out and if you don’t like it try something else. People change careers all the time so what you decided to do now will not be an ultimatum
Indeed. Enjoy life and you'll eventually figure it out. It takes folks years to figure out what they want to do with themselves (genuinely). Don't fret, just do what you think you ought /at the moment/ and if it doesn't pan out, then you know that's not what you want to do. Good luck.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
Find out what your heart wants to do . And go for it. Work hard in any field you like and you would eventually succeed. Smile